Your honest opinion on UFC fight pass

calisoul

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So I am past the free trial and have paid for the first month. I want to know what you guys think about it. I ask because I am thinking about cancelling it. The reason is that I didn't really find anything extraordinary on there. I watch the fights live and do not do a whole lot rewatching. In other words I am paying for something that I don't really watch a lot.

For those who have and like it, what do you like? Perhaps I am missing some of the cool stuff there.

For those who have it and don't watch it often, why do you keep it?

For those who had it and cancelled it, why?

I know its only 8 or 10 dollars per month so that is not issue, but it is if I don't take advantage of it often. I just wanted some input before I decide to cancel.

I just didn't really care for it. A lot of the better fights weren't available and I didn't have time to take advantage of it.

If you want access to pretty much every fight from almost every major and semi-major organisation ever and can't get enough of fighting, fight pass is incredible. The library is so expansive. Use it go back and watch old fights or fights you've never seen before. Or obscure fights. That's what I like best about it.

I watch it mostly for the Fight Pass exclusive cards and occasionally Invicta and Pancrase.

I like it, but it's for hardcores only.

Its been great for me.

I use it for watching fights that lead up to fights that are about to happen.

Watching shit either i missed due to work or whatever caused me to miss it.

Going back to disprove sherdogers wrong on perception of fights lol.

Nah but for real its been great.

For me personally:

Pros:
As several mentioned above, the library is great. Esp for being a more casual fan that got more invested into the sport later on, looking back on old fights, for example classics of Wand back in Pride, the early UFC PPVs, have been really entertaining and educational to me. They also have all the seasons of TUF, which I can binge on, and see some guys that are older now, when they were just getting their feet wet. The occasional event like Invictas, RDA v Alvarez comin up or how EBI just went down is a nice touch as well.

Cons:
The search engine can be frustrating... that's all that's coming to mind right now.

Best of luck figuring out what route to take.

I like it.

When it works.

But probably only for the hardcore fans, as eiyuu said.

I like it. Wish they streamlined it a bit more though. It's so convoluted and difficult to find certain fights sometimes. The search function is terrible.

UFC fight pass is a complete rip off. Ive subscribed and canceled twice. Only reason they started it was because the WWE did , but the WWE is smart , they offer a discount and a free month to start. The UFC puts crap on their fight pass and dont even discount the PPV s. They are so greedy , the only reason they starred Fight Pass was because they dont wanna share the PPV money with cable companies and Direct TV. The WWE does not charge for the PPV if you are a subscriber, the UFC charges you a monthly fee for fight pass and charge full price for the PPV. No discount or free content. Complete rip off and save your money. Only good thing is watching the first two Ultimate fighters with no commercials and see all the young stars and where they started and where they all ended up.

If you want access to pretty much every fight from almost every major and semi-major organisation ever and can't get enough of fighting, fight pass is incredible. The library is so expansive. Use it go back and watch old fights or fights you've never seen before. Or obscure fights. That's what I like best about it.

Basically this x10

Add access to numerous smaller promotions that you can watch if it's an odd weekend or two with no UFC on.

Can't comply with your request since I'm not an honest person.

I wish they charged more but included the PPV's

After my 6 months is up, not renewing.

The library is huge and you can spend hours a day watching a handful of fights.

Only a handful because you'll spend half the time searching google on what event the 1 exact fight you're looking for was on. And you can't search it by fighters names. The search is straight shit.

I don't use it for TUF, Invicta, Pancrese, or other crap popping up nonstop on alerts.

Is it worth it? To someone with lots of time to be consumed in fights, yes.
Not worth it to me.

Edit: Haven't used it in a month because I forgot it was buffering so bad on 4 devices on 100 meg fiber connection off an AC router, that I caught the red ass. That was on their end and it might be fixed.

I subscribed Fight Pass to watch the Silva-Bisping card which was advertised as "Fight pass exclusive". When the main card was supposed to start I just got some not available in your region crap. So I looked for a free stream on the internet and watched the fight there.

I asked for a refund, and user support closed the account and refunded in 10 minutes, which was the best part of my experience.

I like it.... There was a couple of years there where I barely watched MMA. Like 2013-early 2015, so I missed a lot of the fights of the current contenders, it's good to go back and watch the fights of the likes of stipe miocic etc.

Other than that, I just watch old pride and old old old UFC.

Edit: I used to use the fight pass app on my smart TV and it sucked, I was on the verge of cancelling. Now I hook my PC up to my TV instead it works great.

Can't afford it. Can't even afford to pay child support, or my own internet connection.

For me personally:

Pros:
As several mentioned above, the library is great. Esp for being a more casual fan that got more invested into the sport later on, looking back on old fights, for example classics of Wand back in Pride, the early UFC PPVs, have been really entertaining and educational to me. They also have all the seasons of TUF, which I can binge on, and see some guys that are older now, when they were just getting their feet wet. The occasional event like Invictas, RDA v Alvarez comin up or how EBI just went down is a nice touch as well.

Cons:
The search engine can be frustrating... that's all that's coming to mind right now.

Best of luck figuring out what route to take.
I think im going to watch TUF 2 again. I haven't seen 1 or 2 since they happened. I just watched tuf 1 again last week and that was fun to binge on. TUF 2 time.

Last edited:
Back