MacDonald vs Thompson predictions

own1997

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
A fun fight that's coming up, who do you guys think takes it?

Tough to say, I'm picking Wonderboy by KO

If Rory is smart, he won't stand long with Wonderboy.

If Rory wins he will acquire tremendous negotiating power, and with the recent John Pollock interview in which he said he's expecting his first child and therefore is taking the business side of fighting seriously, and will not just accept chump change thrown at him, I expect there to be a great amount of free agency drama in that situation.

So for that, I hope he wins.

I love both of them and I acknowledge Wonderboy's fantastic moment, but I think Rory's a stylistic nightmare for him.

I'm picking that fucking psycho.

P.S. "Fucking psycho" was a compliment.

Hopefully Rory takes him down and chokes him out. Nothing against Thompson but i wanna see Rory win before he gets shit on by the ufc for bitching bout his pay so much

Last edited:
I really have rory on this and I want Rory to win but i'm torn because the WW division is clogged at the top and a Thompson victory mixes up the deck for title the title shot.

Don't see how Rory wins this. If Hendricks couldn't take him down how will Rory? I don't see Rory out striking him.

If Rory can't beat wonderboy up against the fence and get him to the mat then he'll have a long night.

After seeing Thompson murking Hendricks inside one round I just can't pick against him. If he lands on Rory like he did on Hendricks then it could be over fast for Rory. I don't think jabs will work against Thomspon.

Last edited:
I see Rory win without much problem.
Too many tools in the toolbox for Wonderboy Imo...

Rory has this. After the war with Lawler, he won't stand and trade. He also won't take unnecessary damage. He'll fight a smart, somewhat boring fight and take the W.

If Wonderboy beats Rory he's the next champ. But first he has to knock out Robbie. Lawler wins all decisions regardless if he really wins or not. Go Rory.

Don't see how Rory wins this. If Hendricks couldn't take him down how will Rory? I don't see Rory out striking him.
Totally different. Rory fights long and is the same size as WB with a slight reach advantage. Hendricks had to overcome WB's huge reach advantage to get inside and get the takedown, Rory will strike from the outside and get the TD off his striking.
Also, I can't stress how important this is, Hendricks was training himself for that fight. He left his team before the fight, when he didn't get his TD he looked like he had no gameplan and no idea how to adjust. Rory trains at one of the best camps in the world. You can be sure they will have a hell of a gameplan for WB.
In addition to his reach advantage Rory also has good kicks. This is going to be a very tactical fight.

I got Rory on this one, due to him being the more rounded fighter. But it's razor thin. Prob the fight i'm most looking forward to in the coming months. Cant wait for it.
Hope wonderboy wins to add a new title contender (other than woodley), and at the same time i hope Rory wins so the UFC doesn't fuck him on his next contract.

I was really hoping they would do WB vs Woodley, so WB could knock him the fuck out and send his entitled ass back to the analyst desk for good.

After seeing Thompson murking Hendricks inside one round I just can't pick against him. If he lands on Rory like he did on Hendricks then it could be over fast for Rory. I don't think jabs will work against Thomspon.

It really was one of the greatest things to happen to the ww div in the past couple years

Back