*** GOOD LUCK to Filthy Tom Lawler (possible head trauma) ***

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last thread was deleted because ... well ... lets just try to keep this a 'good luck' thread to a fighter that might have head trauma & hopefully the trolls stay out

*** if someone acts the fool - just hit report & don't even quote - that way the thread stays & they just get deleted ***

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/4/2...g-symptom-that-could-be-linked-to-head-trauma

Tom Lawlor's alarming recurring symptom that could be linked to head trauma

"You know, six months ago, I had a concussion, and I'm not sure how much I ever really recovered from it. Leading up to my fight, during fight week, there were a few instances-and this has been happening on and off for a while, six months or so, over that, for about a year-I'll vomit randomly. I'm not sure if it's due to...I drink a lot of coffee, so it could be that, it could be that it is one of the concussion symptoms, or it could be so damned hot here that I'm just super dehydrated.
There's some stuff that goes on with me that I'm not really sure what the deal is, but it makes me think twice about fighting after having some sort of head trauma. Obviously, I'm a huge pro-wrestling fan, and CTE and those sort of things are very prevalent not only in that industry, but in other professional sports like football. When you suffer a concussion, it's easy to deal with on a daily basis for the most part, but the stuff down the road is what's really worrisome. That's just kinda been in the back of my head, so right now, I'm just not looking to fight in the immediate future."

----

Again the last thread was deleted due to a few that came in guns-a-blaring about "who cares" & "f-him"

Lets try & keep it positive

Thanks @Jackonfire for Thread Pt. Deaux ;)

Last edited:
FYI Tom comes across like a really great guy
He does a few podcast a week for Meltzer/Alvarez & some with FRBrian

He put a lot of effort to try & entertain as well as fight & recently just had a son (about 6 months old)
Hopefully he is OK.

smart on him to take his health seriously - he could easily ignore it and have to deal with bad repercussions later - i think most fighters would just ignore it bc they love to fight so much

It's a serious fucking issue in alot of sports. Everybody should watch League of Denial if they haven't.

I wish Lawlor all the best.

smart on him to take his health seriously - he could easily ignore it and have to deal with bad repercussions later - i think most fighters would just ignore it bc they love to fight so much

It's a serious fucking issue in alot of sports. Everybody should watch League of Denial if they haven't.

I wish Lawlor all the best.

Agree x2
He post all the time on Meltzers board & seems like a really level-headed guy that loves both MMA & Pro Wrestling.
He talks about his newborn all the time too

That's sad, I feel for him. I'm glad he's taking his time and treading lightly, it's the smartest thing to do now. Wish him all the best.

P.S. It is also sad to see that some people use a situation like this to troll as an attempt to get fucking likes on the Internet. I'll never understand that. It's a human being we're talking about, for fuck's sake.

That's sad, I feel for him. I'm glad he's taking his time and treading lightly, it's the smartest thing to do now. Wish him all the best.

P.S. It is also sad to see that some people use a situation like this to troll as an attempt to get fucking likes on the Internet. I'll never understand that. It's a human being we're talking about, for fuck's sake.

From what I can tell the only thing they got was ban & yellow, but too bad a lot of nice things were lost in the thread deletion
I am optimistic this one will be 'troll free' & I am sure Tom will get the link ;)

MMA orgs are going yo have to take this seriously.

From what I can tell the only thing they got was ban & yellow, but too bad a lot of nice things were lost in the thread deletion
I am optimistic this one will be 'troll free' & I am sure Tom will get the link ;)

I'm glad with the ban. Apparently, the Internet is everything for these guys anyway, so the punishment fits the crime perfectly.

Still, we're lucky that most people here still seem to worry about the guy. I'm happy with that.

I'm glad with the ban. Apparently, the Internet is everything for these guys anyway, so the punishment fits the crime perfectly.

Still, we're lucky that most people here still seem to worry about the guy. I'm happy with that.

Yeah, a shame so many post were deleted though.
I was just about to tell him about the thread lol

Well that sucks. At least he is smart enough to not be like shamrock or one of the many other punch drunk legends.

MMA orgs are going yo have to take this seriously.

First step is the fighters doing so.
He discussed the symptoms a few months ago on his podcast & I guess he know see's its best to find out more.
If the fighters are not honest then the orgs hands are tied

Tom Lawlor's a great guy, he was really funny on the tuf season he was on and seems like a nice person. Hope him all the best in his recovery and he enjoys his life. I'll miss his awesome weigh ins

I wish Tom Lawlor all the best and a speedy recovery.

As shitty as T.J Grants situation was, i'm glad it helped shine a light on a serious issue and shown people that it's not something to "fight through".

Fingers crossed Lawlor gets through this fine and gets back on track, such a bummer to see a character like him possibly have to hang them up.

There really are some sad cun&s on here sometimes.

Anyway, gotta wish Tom all the best for the future, hope he can come back from this 100% healthy

Is there such thing as an ip ban? That would be good for these assholes

The thing with brain damage.. it is basically always permanent. If he thinks he already has some damage it could be impossible to fight again without fear... since it only can become worse.

Yes, combat sports have a GREAT risk of brain damage. I always get a bad feeling when i see young amature fighters fight up to ten times a year with a "iDGAF" attitude without even making money. They may pay u HUGE price later on in life, that's really sad.

Lawlor is a cool guy. I hope he fully recovers.

I am a bit confused about his 'coffee is a possible explaination thing'.

I hope he doesn't just laugh it off. I would be getting MRIs or PETs to looking for brain damage. Maybe he already has and they can't find clear damage.

You can have a TBI that is very hard to detect with imaging. It happened to me. My post concussion syndrome symptoms lasted 18 months but they did finally completely go away.

Good luck to Tom!

Edit: @Grijswaarde ... My symptoms did go away eventually. The brain CAN heal but it certainly does not ALWAYS heal.

Is there such thing as an ip ban? That would be good for these assholes

I don't know the back end of the board.
I would think an IP ban is tougher with cell, tablets, etc. (these days).

One of the two that caused the deletion is back in the thread (look for the YELLOW) ;)
I put him on ignore

Back