Jon Jones can't finish fights anymore?

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Or he's just playing it safe just like GSP?

How did I know GSP would be dragged into yet another shit thread ?

He had some ring rust and avoided taking unnecessary risks imo. OSP is a dangerous guy.

gsp-cant-finish.jpg

Please tell me who finished DC and Glover...Oh and Gustafsson got finished twice, one like, 200 years ago and got KO`ed by Rumble who would KO bears with that power.

I don't think it's because he can't, but he is minimizing risks like GSP.

To be the one of the best in the world you HAVE to "play it safe" to some degree to continue to get W's facing top competition. But even still, he nearly did finish OSP a few time especially end of round 4 if I remember correctly. He's doing fine and will get more finishes in his career I do not doubt. Decisions are bound to happen in title fights

Please tell me who finished DC and Glover...Oh and Gustafsson got finished twice, one like, 200 years ago and got KO`ed by Rumble who would KO bears with that power.

A lot of fighters finished Jones last opponent though

Jones can still finish fights, but winning 5/5 rounds is equally impressive to finishing imo.
Jones really hasn't had that many decisions, and you have to consider who he fought in those UD's

Who has he failed to finish that he should have?

Didn't you get the memo? Not being able to finish Teixeira, Cormier, and Gustafsson means you've turned into a point fighter.

Clearly past his prime.

And do what Jones has been doing is the best thing he can do, no need to take risks in a fight you can win by just using some things. Jones will probably extend his best and is conservating his chin.

One of the reasons GSP left was because he got hit more in his last 3 fights than in his all other fights combined.

Even Superman didn't finish shit, and he had legit superpowers. Yet all his nemesis' (dunno the plural of that, is it nemesi?) kept coming back.

He's definitely pulling a GSP, has been for a long while.

The last LHW he finished was 5 years ago.

Jose Aldo showed signs of "this" too.

I think they just get figured out. Jon Jones has not done anything new in a long time: spin elbows, clinch takedowns, elbows from guard, teep to knee, etc. Guys are "catching" on if you will (they just cant beat him).

I think he can finish anyone but chooses to play it safe. I mean, with OSP, i was expecting him to just take him down and elbow the crap out of him easily. Or even finish it with a submission.

Or he's just playing it safe just like GSP?
He has shown some dificulties finishing oponents of his own size. But with smaller fighters (machida, shogun, sonnen) he's a beast. It happens the same thing with Conor Mcgregor.

Back