This Mcgregor soap opera is a win across the board for the UFC.

Imalive

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The only one this hurts is mcgregor. When ever Mcgregor fights again it is going to make pull in big numbers and UFC200 will sell well without Mcgregor. All all that happens is anyone who was wanting to buy UFC200 to watch Mcgregor will just spend the dough a few months later when he fights again. They also get to make an example of him that no one fucks with the business.

Anyone thinking this is a misstep for the UFC is out of their mind.

If it hurts McGregor, it hurts the UFC. He's their biggest star. And they don't come around often.

And I doubt this McGregor vs. The UFC thing is over with even if McGregor returns. McGregor is now the rebel rather than the company man. Not sure that hurts him ultimately.

If it hurts McGregor, it hurts the UFC. He's their biggest star. And they don't come around often.

And I doubt this McGregor vs. The UFC thing is over with even if McGregor returns. McGregor is now the rebel rather than the company man. Not sure that hurts him ultimately.
No, just no.
They've had big stars before, they have them now, and will have them in the future, even if Saint Conor disappears today.
He didn't invent the sport, didn't revolutionize it, isn't anything special as a fighter. If his skills were on par with his mouth, they'd have to kowtow to him.
As is, he got subbed by Nate. No disrespect to Nate but that was an epic, epic fail for Conor and changed his outlook whether he realizes that or not.

LMAO... McGregor is now the spoiled little child that's been put in his place. Remember when you were a kid and you did something you thought your friends would all think was cool ?

You finally get to see them again outside of school after your finished being grounded for a couple weeks or whatever. They forgot the cool thing you did. And all they're talking about is the cool shit they all did together while you were grounded. LMAO...the fuckin kids in here.

P.S. They're already coming out in public siding with Zuffa. What are you thinking ?

not as long as he wins, but if he goes all Pettis on us then

LMAO... McGregor is now the spoiled little child that's been put in his place. Remember when you were a kid and you did something you thought your friends would all think was cool ?

You finally get to see them again outside of school after your finished being grounded for a couple weeks or whatever. They forgot the cool thing you did. And all they're talking about is the cool shit they all did together while you were grounded. LMAO...the fuckin kids in here.

Yes, you sound very grown up yourself.

McGregor needs UFC. UFC (whether they realize it or not) does not need McGregor.

He can talk shit and win fights (So could Chael Sonnen) McGregor's stock fell significantly when he lost to Nate (who can also talk shit).

Any hype McGregor causes benefits UFC, but in reality he's just a promotion pawn who doesn't have a belt now, and hasn't shown he can beat anyone his size. McGregor will probably become irrelevant soon, but in the meantime UFC will make some more money off of him talking shit and making excuses.

Everyone wanted someone to stand up to the UFC, but now they're mad because it happens to be McGregor. There's no pleasing sherdoggers.

McGregor needs UFC. UFC (whether they realize it or not) does not need McGregor.

He can talk shit and win fights (So could Chael Sonnen) McGregor's stock fell significantly when he lost to Nate (who can also talk shit).

Any hype McGregor causes benefits UFC, but in reality he's just a promotion pawn who doesn't have a belt now, and hasn't shown he can beat anyone his size. McGregor will probably become irrelevant soon, but in the meantime UFC will make some more money off of him talking shit and making excuses.
What happened to his belt?

I a

I agree the UFC has the ability to build stars however it has yet to be seen if or how far his stock has fallen. I think it's too early to say. We have to see his next PPV numbers to accurately gauge that. But one thing is for damn sure Connor needs the UFC a heck of a lot more than they need him. You're 100% spot on there. Anyone who thinks different is a blind nuthugger.

Everyone wanted someone to stand up to the UFC, but now they're mad because it happens to be McGregor. There's no pleasing sherdoggers.
Jones stood up to them before Conor did, and others before Jones. Or, do you have a selective memory?

People are happy he stood up & got more money
This past week with the weird tweets & skipping the commercials & 2 pressers is very different.

Sherdog: "UFC keeps shoving Conor/Ronda/Sage/Page down our throat!"
Conor "Hey you guys are right. What am i doing with my life? i need to train more, and do less media"
Sherdog "He signed a contract! he needs to stfu and keep doing more media"

Nope, mcgregor would be forgotten fast if ufc want him to be

I kind of think it's gonna be a wash. UFC 200 will still sell well, although not as much without McGregor. Put McGregor on 201 or 202 and those cards will make significantly more money with McGregor on the card. The UFC just won't be able to say that UFC 200 was the biggest card of all time.

I kind of think it's gonna be a wash. UFC 200 will still sell well, although not as much without McGregor. Put McGregor on 201 or 202 and those cards will make significantly more money with McGregor on the card. The UFC just won't be able to say that UFC 200 was the biggest card of all time.

And McGregor will be able to boast about this.

I think it is as long as McGregor doesn't refuse to fight, which I doubt he will. If they even get one more Conor fight this year they seem to be no worse for wear.

Back