So the Heavyweight title is on the line soon.

discrawg

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Werdum VS Miocic

I know Stipe hits hard, & is very crafty with his hands, but Fabricio's stand up is top notch these days, his chin seems decent, & obviously his ground game is world class.
So how the hell does Stipe win this fight? Use wrestling to hold him against the cage try & beat him up there?
Werdum's clinch game is good too.

Am I missing something or is this a really bad match up for Stipe Miocic?

Don't sleep on Stipe.

This won't be easy for Troll face.

If the fight goes to the ground Stipe is in big trouble.....The longer the fight stays standing the advantage goes to SM.

I'm thinking Stipe wins. No good reason with my pick I just think he takes it by decision

Werdum VS Miocic

I know Stipe hits hard, & is very crafty with his hands, but Fabricio's stand up is top notch these days, his chin seems decent, & obviously his ground game is world class.
So how the hell does Stipe win this fight? Use wrestling to hold him against the cage try & beat him up there?
Werdum's clinch game is good too.

Am I missing something or is this a really bad match up for Stipe Miocic?

Stipe can outstrike Werdum.

That a bad match up for Werdum too.

Hard to take down a wrestler, plus he got Heavy hands.

Always dangerous

Stipe can outstrike Werdum.
Yeah maybe I'm sleeping on him when I shouldn't be, I just thought Werdum's stand up is really well rounded & crafty these days. Stipe has good movement and great hands.

200w.gif

Werdum's striking defense in the fight against Cain was woeful. His spine was like a steel beam, and chin in plain sight. Stipe can definitely capitalise as long as he doesn't get caught up in Werdoom's tricks.

Stipe has better standup. Werdum's striking, while significantly better, is crazy overrated.

Hunt easily winning the standup against him until that knee. I won't be surprised if buttscoot Werdum returns for this fight.

Stipe has better standup. Werdum's striking, while significantly better, is crazy overrated.

Hunt easily winning the standup against him until that knee. I won't be surprised if buttscoot Werdum returns for this fight.
Yeah Hunt was bashing him before that knee. I forgot about that. Although I don't think Werdum will butt scoot, he seems very confident with his stand up these days.

Its heavy weight, one punch from either man can end the contest. Can never count out any top contender.

I could see stipe winning by decision. The only thing that should worry stipe going to decision is the fight is in Brazil. Would that affect the judges?

I honestly think Stipe is going to whoop Werdum. I think his striking is the best in the division. I could see him finishing the champ.

Agree with the majority. If Stipe keeps it standing it’s his fight to lose. Werdums stand up isn’t bad at all, but it’s not that great. His durability has kept him from losing quite a few fights, but I don’t think Stipe will get as sloppy as some others have.

Of course, I’ve been wrong before.

Werdum's chin is more than decent, it is one of the best in the division, top 5 easily. The shot JDS hit him with would have floored Hunt, Nelson and Rothwell just the same.

People overrate Werdum a little bit these days because he is the current champ. Stipes striking is much better and i really dont see him having trouble on the feet, he is faster, hits harder, great chin and better technique. I also dont se Werdum taking Stipe down cause Stipe is a pretty damn good wretsler and Werdum isnt known for takedowns either really. Werdums only chance will be on the ground, trying to pull of some submission, although as time progresses it will be much harder for Werdum because of sweat. I see Miocic dominating Werdum and earning either TKO or decision. Werdums best chances are early in the fight.

I think Stipe will eat knees in the clinch then get tripped and submitted. Looking forward to the fight no matter how it ends.

Back