Shogun vs. Belfort: Who achieved more?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What you guys think?
Both UFC champions with similar records (23-10 and 25-11), Belfort been on a roll lately but Shogun been somehow lackluster. but otherwise Belfort did not perform very well in Pride whereas Shogun steamrolled guys there.
Whats your opinion?

Vitor has had a great career but he never had a reign where he was the best in the world in his division. Shogun from 05-07 was the best light heavyweight in the world. Although his career in the UFC got off to a rocky start he, dethroned machida who was unbeatable at the time. Shogun all day.

Don't make me choose damnit!!!!!!
Vitor had an easier tourney but he kept fighting the best of the best where shogun had the glory of pride and declined drastically.

Tie

But trtVitor is GOAT

Shogun because of that beast of a pride run

Shogun if we're talking MMA accomplishments (champ of the best/deepest tourney in MMA history / undisputed LHW champ in the UFC).

Vitor unquestionably if we're talking about generating steroid buzz though.

Vitor is still relevant at 39 years old, has had multiple career resurgences. Shogun is done at 34 and hasn't strung more than 2 wins together since 06-07... 10 years ago. I vote Vitor.

Both are legends... cant we leave it at that?

Shogun fans are more stuck in the past than BJ fans.

shogun....he never drop to 185...
rua won 2 times overeem.....overeem won two times belfort....

Belfort won 2X Hendo,

Hendo won 2X Shogun.

Belfort won a HW Shogun never did.

its more complicated than a common opponent, or a division, if you didnt know that.

Last edited:
Prime Shogun >>> Prime Belfort all day. I also think Rua's resumé is better.

Todays Shogun get's his face caved in by Vitor though, probably.

Shogun accomplished more and was accepted as the best LHW for atleast 2 years, then won the title again 3 years later.

Vitor's signature wins: Wanderlei, Herring, Couture*, Lindland, Franklin, Rumble, Bisping, Rockhold, Henderson x2

Shoguns signature wins: Rampage, Lil Nog x2, Skinny Reem, Liddell, Machida, Griffin

enhanced-25942-1427414324-7.jpg

Would love to see TRT Belfort vs Pride Shogun

Belfort won 2X Hendo,

Hendo won 2X Shogun.

Belfort won a HW Shogun never did.

its more complicated than a common opponent, or a division, if you didnt know that.

Yes. These two are hard to assess, however, I give the edge to Shogun. IMO Shogun at his peak is better than Vitor Belfort at his peak.

Back