charalsias

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So there is something i find weird.

Miocic=240 pounds 6'4
JDS=241 pounds 6'4
Overeem(deflated)=243 6'4

Now I can understand people supposedly weighing the same in other weight classes,where disparity in the level of weightcutting is possible.

But how are these 3 people almost identical in height and weight?They are in the middle of their class and they obviously don't need to cut weight...

Edit:But in terms of size overeem looks bigger than jds and jds looks bigger than miocic...

I don't understand what you're asking. Could you reword it?

JDS has weighed exactly 239 for almost every of his fights in the UFC.
How are you THAT consistent with your weight being that big, I fluctuate like 4 pounds over the course of the week, and I'm a small fucking guy.

Different mix of skeletal weight, muscle weight, and fat (if any). Not really much more science to it than that.

You can't see weight as easily as you can see height.

I know man,but still they look so different...
Yeah, but that's really all it is. Theoretically, if you laid out each of their skeletons, they would likely all weight different by several pounds. And like you said, Overeem cuts a lot of water weight which the other guys may not do as much. There's lots of variables.

Miocic probably has a larger skeletal structure while JDS has more muscle.

3 people out of 9 billion weigh the same?

how the fuck is this possible!

So there is something i find weird.

Miocic=240 pounds 6'4
JDS=241 pounds 6'4
Overeem(deflated)=243 6'4

Now I can understand people supposedly weighing the same in other weight classes,where disparity in the level of weightcutting is possible.

But how are these 3 people almost identical in height and weight?They are in the middle of their class and they obviously don't need to cut weight...

Edit:But in terms of size overeem looks bigger than jds and jds looks bigger than miocic...

240 seems an optimal weight for HW.

Looks are deceiving a thicker chest or other dimensions can contribute. Like Reem is big but has a tiny head and chicken legs. Stipe has a huge head and average overall.

These two guys weight the same... im not into pro wrestling but Ronaldo and Rey Mysterio are the same weight. Don't look like it but Renaldo is mostly bone while Mysterio has a huge chest and big stomach.
3857312005_80e67720a4.jpg

Sometimes TS it happens that people in sports are the same weight! I think you just happen to pick these three HWs.....take a few other guys and there will be a difference.

There are a lot of guys in the world who weigh 205+, or even 240+. But there really aren't that many guys who are bigger frame-wise than the LHWs. I mean even MW are pretty far on the big end of the scale. A guy who would be a UFC MW is no doubt a big guy by anyone's definition, even though there are shitloads and shitloads of guys who weight more than 185.

To be a real, MMA 240lber you gotta be almost as big as humans get. It's very hard to find anyone who couldn't make 265 who could still even conceivably be a decent fighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back