UFC 100 vs UFC 200

abravo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
UFC 200 had been getting a lot of hate. I think its an amazing card so far (just got my tickets) and two more fights are still going to be added. I have a feeling Rumble/Texeria is going to be added to the main card in case DC or Jones gets injured. Tossing out ratings what card was better quality?

Main Event: Brock/Mir vs DC/Jones

Both fights are grudge rematches for the title. Skill wise you have to go with DC/Jones and their rivalry is more heated with the presser fight and the constant trash talk in the media. Of course we all know anytime Brock fought it was a spectacle, plus it was for the heavyweight title. However, any time the GOAT fights (Jones) we want to see how long he can keep winning. I have to go Jones/DC by a small margin. Both fights are amazing and worthy of headlining a mega event. Much more worthy than the McGregor/Diaz non-title fight. (And I am a huge McGregor fan)

Co-main: GSP/Alvez vs Aldo/Edgar

This was around the time GSP was becoming a mega star however its when he started playing it really safe. Alves was on a tear at the time as well but was not a huge name. When you look at the big picture, you have the longest reigning 145 champ in Aldo vs a former 155 champ (Both future hall of famers) that are generally exciting fighters. I'd would rather watch Aldo/Edgar over GSP/Alves.

Tate/Nunes vs Hendo/Bisping

Tate/Nunes is a title fight that should be entertaining. Bisping/Hendo were coming off the ultimate fighter and had a solid rivalry going. You have to go with Hendo/Bisping as the better fight.

Velasquez/Brown vs Jon Fitch/Paulo Thiago.

Velasquez/Brown by a mile. The former heavy weight champ that generally destroys people.

The ufc 200 ppv opener has not been confirmed yet but at the current time I assume it would be Hendricks/Gastelum unless Rumble/Glover gets put on the card.

Akiyama/Belcher vs Hendricks/Gastelum

This fight is a toss up. Hendricks being a former champ and Gastelum being a TUF winner that surpassed expectations gives them the slight edge.

So out of the main card I think UFC 200 wins 4 out of the 5 match ups based on quality.

UFC 200 also has the much better prelims.

UFC 200
Mousassi/Brunson
Sanchez/Lauzon
Zingano/Pena
Miller/Gomi
Northcutt/Marin

UFC 100
Bonnar/Coleman
Jones/O'brien
Miller/Danzig
Kim/Grant
T. Lawlor/Dollaway
Gugerty/Grice

UFC 200 is better on paper, imagine if they add a couple more solid match ups.... Agree/Disagree?

Let the hate begin.... :)

Last edited:
Shit, if they add Rumble vs Glover, I'mma be like

1420.gif

I agree but I tend to compare Main vs Main, co vs co, and then the bottom 3 together against each other. Because you could get different results by shuffling those around. I think UFC 200 has the better main, equal co-main and better bottom 3. It's better.

I think you are wacky to pick the Main and Co-Main on UFC 200 (as is) over UFC 100. GSP alone was bigger than both. Forget about Brock. Plus what happened with Hendo was legendary. I pick UFC 100 until I see the results of UFC 200. It is not fair to pick otherwise as we don't know how the 200 fights will go or the full card yet.

I agree but I tend to compare Main vs Main, co vs co, and then the bottom 3 together against each other. Because you could get different results by shuffling those around. I think UFC 200 has the better main, equal co-main and better bottom 3. It's better.

Isn't Aldo/Edgar the co-main? Its the bigger weight class.

UFC 200. It's more legitimate and has better fights.

I think people think highly of UFC 100 because of the Hendo/Bisping KO and Lesnar.

By not fair, I mean your letting your imagination go thinking of those UFC 200 fights. While you can watch UFC 100 anytime and see how EPIC or Not depending on your opinion it was.

I think you are wacky to pick the Main and Co-Main on UFC 200 (as is) over UFC 100. GSP alone was bigger than both. Forget about Brock. Plus what happened with Hendo was legendary. I pick UFC 100 until I see the results of UFC 200. It is not fair to pick otherwise as we don't know how the 200 fights will go or the full card yet.

I hear ya. I'm just saying on paper regarding quality. I guess its probably because I was never a fan of GSP's wrestle fuck style. I love me some Aldo/Edgar. (Even though GSP is a bigger name as you stated)

UFC 200. It's more legitimate and has better fights.

I think people think highly of UFC 100 because of the Hendo/Bisping KO and Lesnar.

McGregor or Ronda, neither of the new crop of PPV stars has ever broke the UFC 100 mark set in 2009.

I hear ya. I'm just saying on paper regarding quality. I guess its probably because I was never a fan of GSP's wrestle fuck style. I love me some Aldo/Edgar. (Even though GSP is a bigger name as you stated)

If DC wins by some crazy shot, or Jones literally rips DC in half. Then UFC 200 will be bigger :)

Isn't Aldo/Edgar the co-main? Its the bigger weight class.
yeah I'm saying I don't do the last 3 individually (1 v 1) because depending on the order of them you could reach a different conclusion whereas the main and co-main there's a real basis for their place in the bout order so they make more sense to compare 1 v 1

Why does everybody think Tate vs. Nunes will be an entertaining fight? Tate will Lay and Pray her for 1 round so Nunes gasses then Tate will get an easy sub or TKO.

McGregor or Ronda, neither of the new crop of PPV stars has ever broke the UFC 100 mark set in 2009.

Dana said UFC 196 beat 100 for buys... Who knows if he is telling the truth though. Id like to see some numbers from the guy that goes on the MMA hour sometimes that knows ppv numbers. I cant think of his name but he seems like a legit source.

yeah I'm saying I don't do the last 3 individually (1 v 1) because depending on the order of them you could reach a different conclusion whereas the main and co-main there's a real basis for their place in the bout order so they make more sense to compare 1 v 1

Gotcha. That makes sense.

Dana said UFC 196 beat 100 for buys... Who knows if he is telling the truth though. Id like to see some numbers from the guy that goes on the MMA hour sometimes that knows ppv numbers. I cant think of his name but he seems like a legit source.

Yea but then it turned out to be just the closest since. Missed by a cool 100k+ in the end.

Why does everybody think Tate vs. Nunes will be an entertaining fight? Tate will Lay and Pray her for 1 round so Nunes gasses then Tate will get an easy sub or TKO.

Good point. I see it as either a wild brawl like Zingano/Tate or a really boring lay and pray type fight. I am hoping for the wild brawl...

Bet your ass if Conor was on it and Ronda made her comeback fight, it would break UFC 100.

Not sure why you are trying to defend UFC 100 anyways lol GSP fan?

Yea but then it turned out to be just the closest since. Missed by a cool 100k+ in the end.

Ahh. I see. I didn't know that the results were officially in yet. Pretty darn close though.

UFC 200 had been getting a lot of hate. I think its an amazing card so far (just got my tickets) and two more fights are still going to be added. I have a feeling Rumble/Texeria is going to be added to the main card in case DC or Jones gets injured. Tossing out ratings what card was better quality?

Main Event: Brock/Mir vs DC/Jones

Both fights are grudge rematches for the title. Skill wise you have to go with DC/Jones and their rivalry is more heated with the presser fight and the constant trash talk in the media. Of course we all know anytime Brock fought it was a spectacle, plus it was for the heavyweight title. However, any time the GOAT fights (Jones) we want to see how long he can keep winning. I have to go Jones/DC by a small margin. Both fights are amazing and worthy of headlining a mega event. Much more worthy than the McGregor/Diaz non-title fight. (And I am a huge McGregor fan)

Co-main: GSP/Alvez vs Aldo/Edgar

This was around the time GSP was becoming a mega star however its when he started playing it really safe. Alves was on a tear at the time as well but was not a huge name. When you look at the big picture, you have the longest reigning 145 champ in Aldo vs a former 155 champ (Both future hall of farmers) that are generally exciting fighters. I'd would rather watch Aldo/Edgar over GSP/Alves.

Tate/Nunes vs Hendo/Bisping

Tate/Nunes is a title fight that should be entertaining. Bisping/Hendo were coming off the ultimate fighter and had a solid rivalry going. You have to go with Hendo/Bisping as the better fight.

Velasquez/Brown vs Jon Fitch/Paulo Thiago.

Velasquez/Brown by a mile. The former heavy weight champ that generally destroys people.

The ufc 200 ppv opener has not been confirmed yet but at the current time I assume it would be Hendricks/Gastelum unless Rumble/Glover gets put on the card.

Akiyama/Belcher vs Hendricks/Gastelum

This fight is a toss up. Hendricks being a former champ and Gastelum being a TUF winner that surpassed expectations gives them the slight edge.

So out of the main card I think UFC 200 wins 4 out of the 5 match ups based on quality.

UFC 200 also has the much better prelims.

UFC 200
Mousassi/Brunson
Sanchez/Lauzon
Zingano/Pena
Miller/Gomi
Northcutt/Marin

UFC 100
Bonnar/Coleman
Jones/O'brien
Miller/Danzig
Kim/Grant
T. Lawlor/Dollaway
Gugerty/Grice

UFC 200 is better on paper, imagine if they add a couple more solid match ups.... Agree/Disagree?

Let the hate begin.... :)
Hall of Farmers? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back