High Level Technical Boxing Skills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apprenticek

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

You people need to shut the fuck up about how bad MMA boxing is. These guys were awful.

Boxers will get KTFO in MMA with smaller gloves + takedowns.

Reminds me of all the people saying K1 kickboxers will destroy MMA fighters...yet they still get KTFO by them.

lol@ how foolish you are

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

Boxers will get KTFO in MMA with smaller gloves + takedowns.

Reminds me of all the people saying K1 kickboxers will destroy MMA fighters...yet they still get KTFO by them.

K1 Fighters Knock MMA fighters out all the time dude.

Alistair Overeem?
Mark Hunt?
Wonderboy???

Huh?
I'm not really a fan of boxing but that was a pretty good fight, a lot of tactical adjustments and very decent footwork, set-ups and feints through the fight.
And we're talking about a 6'6 fighting a 6'9 guy.
A lot of fans only care about striking form, they're missing a whole world of striking beneath that.

Alistair Overeem?
Mark Hunt?
Wonderboy???
Overeem has been KTFO...Mark Hunt has been KTFO....Wonderboy will get KTFO soon.

Point was that they arent god likely in the stand up.

Alistair Overeem?
Mark Hunt?
Wonderboy???

He's not wrong when he said K1 fighters have been KTFO in MMA especially when it comes to Overeem. Also Wonderboy never competed for K1

He's not wrong when he said K1 fighters have been KTFO in MMA especially when it comes to Overeem. Also Wonderboy never competed for K1

Wonderboy is trained in K-1 Kickingboxing.

unfortunatly that fight sucked king cong´s ... still looking forward to the rematch tho

Wonderboy is trained in K-1 Kickingboxing.
K-1 kickboxing is not a style, just a ruleset, and I don't think Wonderboy ever competed with those rules.
Wonderboy competed a lot in Freestyle KB, and that doesn't even have leg kicks, don't even think about the limited clinch and knees that are allowed in K1.

You people need to shut the fuck up about how bad MMA boxing is. These guys were awful.

Put Fury or Klitschko in a boxing match against anyone in UFC top 20 and it doesn't go 2 rounds. With Fury or K standing over their prone body thinking about their cheque.

K-1 kickboxing is not a style, just a ruleset, and I don't think Wonderboy ever competed with those rules.
Wonderboy competed a lot in Freestyle KB, and that doesn't even have leg kicks, don't even think about the limited clinch and knees that are allowed in K1.

I'v trained in multiple gyms which refer to Kickboxing as K1.

Dude, Karate has legkicks for one. Karate also allow knees and clinch throws.
Kickboxing[edit]
All championship information from WonderBoyMMA.com[35]

• 1999 I.S.K.A Georgia State Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.S.K.A Southeast Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.K.F South East Light Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 I.K.F National Amateur Tournament Middleweight Champion
  • 2000 P.K.C National Light Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2000 U.S.A.K.B.F North American Middleweight Amateur Champion
  • 2001 I.K.F National Amateur Tournament Light Heavyweight Champion
  • 2002 I.K.F National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
  • 2002 I.K.F North American Amateur Tournament Light Cruiserweight Champion
  • 2001 P.K.C National Light Heavyweight Amateur Champion
  • 2001 U.S.A.K.B.F Light Heavyweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2001 W.P.K.A Light Heavyweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2003 I.K.F Light Cruiserweight Amateur World Champion
  • 2003 I.A.K.S.A Cruiserweight World Champion
  • 2005 W.A.K.O Cruiserweight World Champion
Here every single one of Wonderboy's Kickboxing Accomplishment.

It may vary among organization but generalized kickboxing includes K1 ruleset.

I'm currently learning a mix of light contact kickboxing and Karate which is not your typical K1 Kickboxing that are taught in various other gyms.

Overeem has been KTFO...Mark Hunt has been KTFO....Wonderboy will get KTFO soon.

Point was that they arent god likely in the stand up.

This is like saying well a wrestler got taken down so it doesn't mean shit if you are a great wrestler. But it does. Just as guys like Mark Hunt, while not being gods, aren't the most fun to stand with.

Put Fury or Klitschko in a boxing match against anyone in UFC top 20 and it doesn't go 2 rounds. With Fury or K standing over their prone body thinking about their cheque.
Thanks for the like Rgu it's definitely world dope hour on here .

Where you're that tall and big, you'll always look sloppy and awkward. Remember Tim Sylvia and what about Stefan Struve?

Here every single one of Wonderboy's Kickboxing Accomplishment.

It may vary among organization but generalized kickboxing includes K1 ruleset.
None of those titles he got were fought on K-1 rules, all of those were either Freestyle Kickboxing (No leg kicks allowed) or International Kickboxing (Leg kicks allowed, no strikes in the clinch, no knees).
I dare you to find a single Wonderboy fight contested under K1 rules.

if you don't understand that the threat of a take down makes MMA striking a completely different sport from competitive kickboxing, or boxing, just stop watching combat sports period and stick to stupid sports like american football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back