Nate Diaz is a living Legend and HOF

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
There is few people like Nate Diaz in this sport who have been around for more then a decade now like 12-yrs and have been thru wars and fighting since he was what like 16-yrs old vs grown men.

I have been more impressed with him in his defeats rather then his wins because he usually takes the beating of 10 men when he loses because it's damn hard to finish him and takes his punishment on the chin.

He defines what a true fighter should be like. ''kill or be killed as he said post-fight'' there is no regrets with him. fighting is easy and natural for him.

Both Diaz bros are Hall of famers and this sport is lucky to have them.

Your thread making privileges need to be taken away

Let's get this clear: The fact that you're a fan of 'x' fighter doesn't mean they're entitled to a spot in the HOF.

I'm not surprised, great thread as per usual @dragonsfly

Definitely agree

STOCKTON WHAT

giphy.gif

Where was this Nate love before the Conor fight? He was a badass before that fight, but nobody gave two fucks. Lol everyone here was crying about how Nate as a late replacement fight was a cowardly move by Conor.

There is few people like Nate Diaz in this sport who have been around for more then a decade now like 12-yrs and have been thru wars and fighting since he was what like 16-yrs old vs grown men.

I have been more impressed with him in his defeats rather then his wins because he usually takes the beating of 10 men when he loses because it's damn hard to finish him and takes his punishment on the chin.

He defines what a true fighter should be like. ''kill or be killed as he said post-fight'' there is no regrets with him. fighting is easy and natural for him.

:D:D:D:D

Fuck all these haters. I dont count them as GOAT mixed martial artists, but they are 100% the best fighters in the game. They don't fight for the love of the sport, they fight for themselves, because they are fighters born, not made.

Well, the ufc hall of fame is a joke so you might be right.

Forrest, Bonner, and Mask are in.

Evan Tanner, the very first UFC middleweight champion isn't.

LMAO I'm a Diaz fan but lets not get carried away. Any top 4 would decision him. One already beat him badly. The other three would wrestle fuck him w/o issue.

Until they both figure out how to deal with wrestlers and leg kickers they will always be second rate or gate keepers. Gate keepers dont make HoF.

If HoF was awarded on gameness and conditioning then a lot of fighters would be in there as well as both Diaz bros. But its not.

I really love Nate. The guy is a gamer, has been on the wrong end of a lot of bad decisions, he's also not been treated as he should be until recently. I think he's the best he will be and will stay at this point for a while. I hope he gets Conor next and then a LW title fight. Oh and to disambiguate I am just taking a Conor win for granted. It's obvious Conor doesn't and won't have anything for Nate.

I agree with TS. Nate is better than a has been such as Pettis on the LW GOAT list.

Both DIAZ brothers are irrefutable hall of famers. Of the guys in the hall of fame ...there is not much the Diaz brothers haven't done. You don't HAVE to win the belt to be a HOF. And if there ever was a stronger case it's with the Diaz bros. Both of them hold wins over current champions and have beat top caliber guys. They have the history. They have the fights. They have the accolades. They have the fanbase.

Anyone who disagrees please explain why they shouldn't be and also...who should be HOF in their place?

Neither Diaz is HOF worthy other for the fact they've been around for awhile and usually put on entertaining fights. Both have put on underwhelming fights before. Nick vs Andersen/GSP left something to be desired. I thought Condit soundly won a decision over Nick. Nate vs Maynard 2 was such a bad fight DW decided Frankie was getting the title shot. Benson outclassed Nate, RDA toyed with him, and Thompson simply beat the piss out of him. I think one of the biggest keys to getting into the HOF is how you perform when the lights are the brightest.

Both need to win the big fights. Nate helped himself by derailing the hype train but IMO being 0-2 and 0-1 in TF don't help their case either. Chael was 0-3 in TF, beat Nate Marquardt, Shogun, Bisping, and Stann along the way and I don't think he deserves to be in the HOF either. Putting on a great losing performance against one of the greatest ever doesn't get you into the HOF.

I put Nick, Nate, and Chael in the same category.

Back