Silvas leg break ?

BeeCee

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Was it a case of his technique being off at the point of impact or was it the sheer force of the kick as i know this isnt happening a lot from what i have seen anyway

Combination of both I'd say. More a fluke than anything.

Its a mixture of andersons force and weidmans perfect check.

But mostly a freak thing.

Flukish. It says a lot that Silva came back from it though considering Tyrone Spong retired from kickboxing after the same injury.

Technique had a lot to do with it, he didn't step into the kick, and he didn't move his hips, Weidman easily checked it, if you throw a kick straight up and lazy like that, and if it gets checked, it will hurt, or a lot worse, as you see what happened with Anderson Silva.

Bas Rutten did say that Anderson's technique was slightly off but id say a combo of both..

Flukish. It says a lot that Silva came back from it though considering Tyrone Spong retired from kickboxing after the same injury.
Spong said the leg break had nothing to do with his retirement. He just wants to focus on boxing.

I didn't know Spong had to retire, that is terrible, he was a beast.

Having a leg kick checked is no joke. Anderson just put so much force behind that thing and the check was basically perfect...

Hard kick, thin legs, and perfect check. It happened to Corey Hill as well

2cosy8o.jpg

Anderson throwing leg kicks with full power and speed with no set up. Weidmans camp adjusted accordingly. Maybe the leg actually breaking was unlucky or "flukish", but good checks have turned the tides of many a fight

Not enough milk lol.

Boxing and Kickboxing are two different things.
No way?

The fact stands that he still hasn't fought in kickboxing since the leg break regardless of his statement about wanting to focus on boxing.

No way?

The fact stands that he still hasn't fought in kickboxing since the leg break regardless of his statement about wanting to focus on boxing.

True. Maybe it was just last kickboxing fight and he just so happened to break his leg? Maybe he's full of shit lol. All in all....he's fun to watch.

True. Maybe it was just last kickboxing fight and he just so happened to break his leg? Maybe he's full of shit lol. All in all....he's fun to watch.
He definitely is. Not sure how far he'll make it in boxing but I'd like to see him fight a few more times in MMA

Back