Do you agree with these Fedor/Anderson/GSP/Jones rankings ?

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
spectacular (highlight reel shit)

Anderson +4
Fedor +3
Jones +2
GSP + 1

expeditive (early finishes)

Anderson +4
Fedor +3
Jones +2
GSP +1

consistent (solid prestations)

GSP +4
Jones +3
Fedor +2
Anderson +1

competition (level of adversity)

GSP +4
Jones +3
Fedor +2
Anderson +1

GSP = +10
Silva = +10
Jones = + 10
Fedor = + 10

Last edited:
You can't compare someone who fought in openweight tournaments, 4-5 times a year with guys who fight once or twice a year. It doesn't matter if cans were mixed in, a can who weighs 300lbs always has a punchers chance - at lighter weights, not so much.

Consistently boring doesn't get you points GSP. LOL

I hope to god this dude comes back and gets his clock cleaned.

Not sure about the proportions (of the "points"), but I do agree with your rankings for each category.

I agree with how you ranked it. Silva is always gonna be my favorite of this group.

So in effect there's no clear-cut GOAT amongst the 4 of them. Allrightythen.

anderson has the most ufc title defences so I don't get why he's last in the consistency department

I mostly agree with those numbers, although I'd say that Jones has fought better competion than GSP. I also think that Fedor is a faster finisher than Anderson.

anderson has the most ufc title defences so I don't get why he's last in the consistency department

Because he either finishes in brilliant fashion or taunts. So he is really exciting but not always implacable

Have you seen Andersons fights? One minute he is a killer, the next he is clowning and Fncking around. Anderson had fights vs guys who were completely out of his league and he d!cked around, Maia, Leites in particular. He also had fights that were tailor maid for him in Forest, Bonnar and Irvin. GSP Dominated fighters who had more power, size, wrestling etc and they all looked like rookies.

Have you seen Andersons fights? One minute he is a killer, the next he is clowning and Fncking around. Anderson had fights vs guys who were completely out of his league and he d!cked around, Maia, Leites in particular. He also had fights that were tailor maid for him in Forest, Bonnar and Irvin. GSP Dominated fighters who had more power, size, wrestling etc and they all looked like rookies.
By that logic everyone GSp faced was tailor made for him with an exception for Koschek and Fitch.

I think Jon Jones' competition resume flatters to deceive, it's comprised of a lot of high profile popular fighters who were past their prime. Shogun, Rashad, Machida, Vitor, Rampage and Chael, looks good on paper but isn't really on closer inspection.
Then there's OSP and Bader who are average at best.
He arguably lost to Gus so that leaves DC and Glover, both of which are great wins. And he needed a decision on his 3 most impressive victories to date.

You can't compare someone who fought in openweight tournaments, 4-5 times a year with guys who fight once or twice a year. It doesn't matter if cans were mixed in, a can who weighs 300lbs always has a punchers chance - at lighter weights, not so much.
We know what happened to Fedor when he fought someone who was 300lbs with skill.

Hell, we know what happens to him when he fights someone faster and smaller.

I think Jon Jones' competition resume flatters to deceive, it's comprised of a lot of high profile popular fighters who were past their prime. Shogun, Rashad, Machida, Vitor, Rampage and Chael, looks good on paper but isn't really on closer inspection.
Then there's OSP and Bader who are average at best.
He arguably lost to Gus so that leaves DC and Glover, both of which are great wins. And he needed a decision on his 3 most impressive victories to date.
Don't understand your value judgements on Jones' wins.

Define closer inspection on Rashad, machida, Shogun. Shit Bader at the time was undefeated. Are you judging by their career leading up to the fight or what happened after?

He won fights which is the whole point to fighting.

He wasn't fighting tho...he was playing a sport and scoring points. Anderson and Fedor actually fought. Jones is slowly turning into a GSP it seems but he could turn things around at any moment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back