UFC vs...

Tasar

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
...Bellator.

I watched the latest Henderson loss vs Koreshkov and it just happened that I decided to check out other fights on that card. I saw Michael Page beating some guy with a "strange" submission. Strange I say because I do not remember ever having seen somebody being stopped via toe hold in the UFC in the last 5 or 7 years (even though it might have happened). Then I see Cyborg Santos tap somebody with some form of heel hook, which is another submission which almost never gets finished in the UFC.

So I ask myself why those Bellator fights show those submissions when they do not happen in the UFC. Part of me believes the reason is that the UFC fighters know how to get out of those submissions and they know how to defend them.

...Bellator.

I watched the latest Henderson loss vs Koreshkov and it just happened that I decided to check out other fights on that card. I saw Michael Page beating some guy with a "strange" submission. Strange I say because I do not remember ever having seen somebody being stopped via toe hold in the UFC in the last 5 or 7 years (even though it might have happened). Then I see Cyborg Santos tap somebody with some form of heel hook, which is another submission which almost never gets finished in the UFC.

So I ask myself why those Bellator fights show those submissions when they do not happen in the UFC. Part of me believes the reason is that the UFC fighters know how to get out of those submissions and they know how to defend them.
hendersons loss proves once and for all that UFC fighters are over rated. also UFC ducking cyborg... also blah blah blah

hendersons loss proves once and for all that UFC fighters are over rated. also UFC ducking cyborg... also blah blah blah

Or, Benson was fighting at 170 when he's a '55er.

Also TS you answered your own question at the end of your post. Smaller gap in skill in BJJ in the UFC.

Benson beat a bigger fighter in Nate Diaz and made it look easy.

Benson lost to a bigger fighter in Koreshkov and it looked easy.

Styles make fights.

...Bellator.

jones and uriah hall fought with there toe basically torn off. Lol tap to a toe hold.

Ha jones would have let him rip it off then kicked him in the face with a bloody stump.

...Bellator.

They are too cautious because they will get cut with 2 or 3 loses.

Or, Benson was fighting at 170 when he's a '55er.

Also TS you answered your own question at the end of your post. Smaller gap in skill in BJJ in the UFC.
i asked a question? news to me...

Man i got comments for thst but i just got yellow carded so i will refrain. Lmao
i will just carry on as though i have been crushed badly.

this is the can, and i think therefore i can.

Benson beat a bigger fighter in Nate Diaz and made it look easy.

Benson lost to a bigger fighter in Koreshkov and it looked easy.

Styles make fights.
DIAZ FIGHT WAS AT 155, KORESHKOV WAS AT 170. BENSON DOESN'T HAVE THE STRENGTH TO COMPETE AGAINST BIG WW'S.

Toe hold? Does someone have a gif? Is small joint manipulation not against the rules in Bellator?

You got that right 15 lbs is so bad..... its not like bj penn had a war with machida at HW.... and all most won.
15lbs at weigh in. At the actual fight it was more like 35 or 40 lbs with thatch.

Back