[VIDEO] Werdum training with Cordeiro for Miocic

Cardio may play a big factor in this fight. I would give Werdum the slight advantage because he has been more consistent and is more experienced. But like most fights, damage will play a factor. Stipe needs to get off to a fast start. I'm worried that he could start to fade in the later rounds, and that is where Werdum's groung game comes more into play. Stipe needs to make Werdum work early, stick and move, and avoid clinch battles.
I think Werdum fights much better as the aggressor moving forward and initiating the clinch, where he is the more versatile striker and also to set up his ground game, and that should be his strategy. The first few rounds will be important, especially when discussing heavyweights. But both men have above average cardio, so I'm expecting a good amount of action throughout.

Hope we get to see more of Werdum on the ground before he retires. So awesome to watch.

Hope we get to see more of Werdum on the ground before he retires. So awesome to watch.
I've been thinking the same thing. He just decided he feels like out-striking everyone he fights instead to give himself a bit of a challenge, amazing.

His hands are looking even better and faster

lol Slowgun at the end is like damn this guy is older and heavier than me and still faster than me :(

How long has Shogun been training there? Isn't he a bit damaged to be training under a guy like Cordeiro?

Cardio may play a big factor in this fight. I would give Werdum the slight advantage because he has been more consistent and is more experienced. But like most fights, damage will play a factor. Stipe needs to get off to a fast start. I'm worried that he could start to fade in the later rounds, and that is where Werdum's groung game comes more into play. Stipe needs to make Werdum work early, stick and move, and avoid clinch battles.
I think Werdum fights much better as the aggressor moving forward and initiating the clinch, where he is the more versatile striker and also to set up his ground game, and that should be his strategy. The first few rounds will be important, especially when discussing heavyweights. But both men have above average cardio, so I'm expecting a good amount of action throughout.
If Stipe stucks Fabricio at range he has a big chance of winning, Werdum has tricky set-ups and throws smart, but he is limited and Miocic deeper understanding of boxing and more economic strikes will give him an advantage. Stipe is no joke in the clinch but I think you're right, he better avoid prolonged exchanges, the risk of a hard knee or a takedown are too big.
This will be an interesting fight for the initiative, the one that manages to advance is a lot more likely to win the fight.

i will be shocked if this guy outstrikes stipe.

i will be shocked if this guy outstrikes stipe.
Early in the fight I would be. But Werdum has come a long way with his Muay Thai, and overall I would say he is the more versatile striker. This is honestly one of the more intriguing heavyweight matchups in a while.

Early in the fight I would be. But Werdum has come a long way with his Muay Thai, and overall I would say he is the more versatile striker. This is honestly one of the more intriguing heavyweight matchups in a while.
i give the edge to good boxing. i think werdum can and will land hard kicks, but stipe is gonna be doing more damage to him with his hands. i dont think it gets any better for Werdum if stipe is tagging him hard early on.

Shane del Rosario was a champion kickboxer and he had trouble with Stipe's boxing 4 years ago. Stipe has improved a lot since then. A lot of people dont agree with me, but I think Stipe is going to make it look easy with Werdum if he doesnt get reckless. He'll get tagged Im sure, Werdum is a beast, I just think Stipe is better.

Not bad ... still tho ... i cant say bad things about Cordeiro and the notorious evolution is Werdum´s striking ... i would love to be trained by Cordeiro, it must awesome ... but i sincerely dislike how people around there celebrate that as if theyve witnessed some kind of genius display of puching technique

Back