How do you see McGregor vs Aldo 2 going?

Chain Saw

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The first 12 seconds of the first fight were exactly what I was hoping to see from Aldo/McGregor.

Fight starts, Conor charges forward, Aldo holds his ground. Conor uses great in and out movement, Aldo is a bit more flatfooted. Conor throws a punch, Aldo slips it, throws a counter left hook, Conor blocks it, ducks his head and moves back...

That is exactly the type of masterful technical striking and movement I expected from these two, but then Aldo went ahead and lunged forward with a massive left hook leaving his chin completely open. Resulting in one of the most disappointing KO's in MMA history.

How do you see the next one going?

I predict Conor by KO in round 3.

Definitely NOTHING like the first.

No way does Aldo go full tard like that again, rushing in with his eyes closed.

I would say it goes into rd 3 or 4, with some nice back and forth exchanges.

Conor via accumulation TKO.

If Aldo is anywhere close to his prime mentally and physically, I would still pick him, like I did the first time.
Sadly, I think Conor ruined his brain on the first fight, so I'm picking Conor unless Aldo shows he's back on the Frankie fight.

conor bitches out with passive aggressive tweets about his schedule, dana pulls him from the card, he has a heart attack during a fight in bellator two years later

The DIaz fight showed that Conor does not have the heart to push through when a fight is not going his way, if Aldo can damage the legs enough Conor would probably shoot and get kneed or subbed by Aldo.

Unless Conor starches Aldo again, which could happen.

I have to see edgar aldo 2, to know forsure, but if aldo stands with mcgregor and trys to lead again he will get kod. I can see aldo playing defensive countering using his jab and check left hook, as lead weapons and capitalizing on conors pressure, i can see him winning that fight.
But if aldo trys to lead again he will get kod.

Copy paste the first pretty much
I see a first round ko not as quick off course but I think Aldo's chin has been broken and Conor will always have this mental edge

Sadly got to go with McGregor TKO Rnd 2. I think McGregor's style is a good counter for Aldo.

The DIaz fight showed that Conor does not have the heart to push through when a fight is not going his way, if Aldo can damage the legs enough Conor would probably shoot and get kneed or subbed by Aldo.

good points

we've seen dc tested, he got knocked down by both gus and rumble, still pulled out the win

jones got tested against gus, didnt bitch out, also he had his arm fucked up by vitor and snapped a toe against chael, kept his shit together

miesha had to dig deep to get her belt, but she did

conor put on a pretty spineless display, sad to say

Who cares, not interested in watching Aldo ruin his legacy

Definitely NOTHING like the first.

No way does Aldo go full tard like that again, rushing in with his eyes closed.

I would say it goes into rd 3 or 4, with some nice back and forth exchanges.

Conor via accumulation TKO.

Aldo didn't charge with his eyes closed.

He flinched when he saw Conor's left coming for him out of the corner of his eye.

He knew he had just fucked up, but it was too late, he had already committed.

Who cares, not interested in watching Aldo ruin his legacy

How much worse can it get than being starched in 13 seconds?

Why are you so invested in another man's "legacy" any way?

If you're a fan of the sport all you should care about is watching good fights.

Same way the first one went, but not in 13 seconds. Maybe late in the first, early in the second.

I think it would be close. I think Aldo needs to beat the fuck out of that lead leg and stay at a distance early on. Conor is very aggressive. If Jose can stay out of harms way early I think he'll have a lot better luck. Conor isn't exactly a defensive mastermind. I could see Jose pounding that leg and demobilizing Conor which would be very advantageous.

I

I think its called gassing and getting tired, partly due to a big knee to the mid rift.
Why dont you try do some exercise then you might know even part of the feeling?

Back