Should there a super heavy weight division in UFC

megaton

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I asking on behalf of some else, should there be a 265 plus division in UFC
Hunt, Bigfoot, Soa Palelei, and Big Ben are the only ones I can think of currently in the UFC that would fit that division.
Could make for some funny freak show matches, but this is Ultimate fighting Championship, not Ultimate freak show.
What say you sherdog

Would make more sense to raise the HW limit or get rid of it altogether than bring in SHW.

They have the limit because of this shit...
hqdefault.jpg

Royce-Gracie-vs-Akebono.jpg

Why? HW is already shallow and the likes of Hunt & bigfoot are on the verge of retirement, would be absolutely pointless.

absolutley not. Mark Hunt SHOULD weigh under 265. Soa SHOULD weight under 265. I dont need to see a bunch of dada 5000's sloppily haymakering their way through a div.

Only if they got real athletes like 300 lb NFL linemen who can run a 4.5 40

otherwise its a freak show as you risk cardiac arrests.

Either that, or just to remove the limit would be fine.
No logic in not being HW if you are over 265.

Exactly the UFC wanted to get rid of the freak show shit.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to see 300+ pound guys gassing in 30 seconds. Would be some horribly boring fights.

I'd like to see a 225 division added and HW limit increased to say 275

A 4.5 40 at 300lbs? I'm not sure that has ever been done. A guy with that athleticism would be foolish to take up MMA when he could make so much more in the NFL.

I hate the heavyweight limit.

Would make more sense to raise the HW limit or get rid of it altogether than bring in SHW.
Yup, I been in favour of that for a long time. There should be no limit at HW, there isn't in boxing or kickboxing or anyother combat sports than I am aware of. I wish they removed the cap. Another thing there is actually a SHW division in UFC, people don't realize this, Semmy Schilt was in a few of them in beginning of Zuffa era, but they never used it again.

Yup, I been in favour of that for a long time. There should be no limit at HW, there isn't in boxing or kickboxing or anyother combat sports than I am aware of. I wish they removed the cap. Another thing there is actually a SHW division in UFC, people don't realize this, Semmy Schilt was in a few of them in beginning of Zuffa era, but they never used it again.
I'd like to see it raised to 285. if they took away the 265 limit entirely that'd be fine too.

Put in a 225 cruiserweight division and raise HW cap to 285 - 300. Have a TUF season for HW's with the new cap. Pay big bonuses to some non-MMA athletes to come in--bonuses that escalate like Dancing with the Stars do (e.g. if you make it past first round, it's x, past round 2 is 2x, etc.).

See if we can get some big football players, basketball players, etc. on the show and train them for a number of months. Don't have fights the first month or so, and compress that initial training period and subsequent fighter "draft" into an intro episode.

Yes, for the likes of Struve and Bigfoot. Maybe combine it with % body fat to keep the fat asses out

Back