Can We Talk About Aldo/Edgar2?

zerofux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Aldo predicts it will be the fight of the night and I'm inclined to agree. Aldo looks more focused than I've ever seen him. I think both men are relieved that the Conor circus has moved out of their division for the time being. I feel like this one could steal the show. How do you see it playing out?

There's a minority of us that thought Edgar won the first fight.

Seen it several times and scored it 48-47 Edgar.

Definitely makes it more interesting that Frankie has been showing more finishing power as of late.

Would have thought Aldo to be the one finishing much more often lately seeing as he throws with killer intent.

I'm leaning towards Frankie but it's real close for me. Their first fight came down to how you scored the 3rd round.

personally I think Aldo is going to beat Frankie up, the way everyone is talking about him being done is crazy imo

hmmm idk how Aldo is going to come back. if he really is changed, i'll go with frankie. I hope he is changed for better, then, he takes it again.

José will have given his brain sufficient time to recuperate after his defeat so he should manage to kick Frankie about at 200.

Aldo should finish Frankie and make a statement and then whoop dat Conor's ass

As a long time Aldo fan I find myself looking @Edger he looks confident and sure these days I like the way he's fighting and talking of late. Aldo looks good but not too sure about that jaw now, now the seal as been cracked and we all know what happens when you crack the seal.

This fight is my fight of the night. One of them is finishing the other this time. I am 60/40 in favor of Aldo taking Frankie out!

This is the fight I have been and still am looking forward to the most on the card. I want to know how Aldo will respond from a loss after being on top for so long. I want to see if Frankie is just now hitting his prime after an already impressive career. It certainly has potential to be FOTN. I'm stoked. I had Aldo taking the first fight but I could see a case made for Frankie. Lots of potential on paper. I can't wait.

Definitely makes it more interesting that Frankie has been showing more finishing power as of late.

Would have thought Aldo to be the one finishing much more often lately seeing as he throws with killer intent.
I thought Edgar won too, but I wasn't shocked it went the other way. Edgar started a little too late. It wasn't like the Bendo fight, were he got robbed.

I think Edgar is way better now than he was then. His top game is more aggressive. His boxing is more technical, and it's translating into more power.

I guess the wildcard is how does a guy that was unbeaten for ten years respond to a 13 second KO. Aldo is still young. I could see him coming back with same ferocity he had in the WEC days.

First fight was Aldo's 4-1 but Frankie's had many rematches and ALWAYS does better second time round. (And does better still in rematches of rematches.)

And Aldo's body breaks on him so often he seems like he has more miles on him even though he's younger than Frankie.

Can't wait.

Yeah, I'm thinking that this has the potential to steal the show. I'm leaning Edgar for this one. The first fight was close, and I'm feeling like Edgar is on another upswing in his career.

As much as I hate to say it, I'm also expecting Jose's chin to be trouble for him.

I'm with you.

I thought Edgar won too, but I wasn't shocked it went the other way. Edgar started a little too late. It wasn't like the Bendo fight, were he got robbed.

I think Edgar is way better now than he was then. His top game is more aggressive. His boxing is more technical, and it's translating into more power.

I guess the wildcard is how does a guy that was unbeaten for ten years respond to a 13 second KO. Aldo is still young. I could see him coming back with same ferocity he had in the WEC days.

Being as you're in the minority as well, couple that with being robbed in the Bendo fight (which the majority believe) and Frankie should be both the FW and LW Champion.

Almost agreed with Joegan when he said "rounds 1 and 2 Aldo, 4 and 5 Edgar with round 3 being a mystery round".

I didn't see any mystery. Frankie won that round, IMO.

Firstly i wasn't that hyped for this fight, because it's another rematch
but then agian it should be a great fight.. really looking forward seeing aldo fight again

Back