There is a reason Fedor is goat. GREATEST

All_Is_Connected

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Not just skill wise, as skill w ise he is a master as well. They dont call him the best, but they all know his as the greatest

Its his character, most of you dont get that running through your head but if you understood Russian and listened to his interviews , and especially native Russian ones without listening to shitty translator then you'd have no doubt why he is called the GREATEST, not the BEST, but the greatest. He talks about things that no one in ufc today does, and carries himself like no one else.

Skill wise as well. Casuals say otherwise but you dont understand he is a SMALL heavyweight. He is always in 220-230lb range ,thats his weight and its natural weight. He was always smaller than his opponents. Its not just that, his whole body movement as a unit is what stands out to me, he is so swift on his feet like Welterweight.

35-4 record is a good standout record. Yes he fought bums in last couple years but man.. I can tell you one this. he will be back and make that last run. he had a recent interview couple days ago (search Федор Емелианенко Интервью in Russian on Youtube you'll find it he s peaks about it )

No one really had a bad thing to say about him or his actions and character ever. you see these UFC guys getting their asses in trouble but this guy was always stand up. Everybody respects this guy like no one else today....that says a looootttt!

mma-fighting-days.jpg

Not just skill wise, as skill w ise he is a master as well. They dont call him the best, but they all know his as the greatest

Its his character, most of you dont get that running through your head but if you understood Russian and listened to his interviews , and especially native Russian ones without listening to shitty translator then you'd have no doubt why he is called the GREATEST, not the BEST, but the greatest. He talks about things that no one in ufc today does, and carries himself like no one else.

Skill wise as well. Casuals say otherwise but you dont understand he is a SMALL heavyweight. He is always in 220-230lb range ,thats his weight and its natural weight. He was always smaller than his opponents. Its not just that, his whole body movement as a unit is what stands out to me, he is so swift on his feet like Welterweight.

35-4 record is a good standout record. Yes he fought bums in last couple years but man.. I can tell you one this. he will be back and make that last run. he had a recent interview couple days ago (search Федор Емелианенко Интервью in Russian on Youtube you'll find it he s peaks about it )

No one really had a bad thing to say about him or his actions and character ever. you see these UFC guys getting their asses in trouble but this guy was always stand up. Everybody respects this guy like no one else today....that says a looootttt!

mma-fighting-days.jpg

LOL at bold, he was great, but come on. He fought a lot of bums his entire career. WHILE he was considered the top ranked fighter in Pride he still had plenty of gimme fights. Ones that would make DC & Cummings seem like it was a reasonable fight. And honestly that fight should have never happened. Imagine what people would say if after DC Jones ended up fighting a guy with a 4-2 record who just won a new season of TUF. Nobody would give him any leeway. Fedor fought a lot of cans in his career that's just what it is.

Fedor at his best beats anybody in the game, past or present.

My best is your greatest btw..

He has the same UFC record as CM Punk

Humans love romanticizing the past. They long to be back in the good ole days, when fedor was the greatest. Yet they fail to realize that as time passes by, the techniques get better, fighters become fitter, and all the knowledge created by the old timers is augmented to become better. Fighters today are better than fighters in the pride days.

there is a reason this is going to get moved to worldwide discussion

I dont really care about character. I dont hang out or work with these guys. I care about what they do in the ring.

Its like GSP. Hate his fights and style even though I'd like to be his friend more than most fighters. Conor cant stand but will buy every fight he's in.

You are preaching the wrong audience. These guys only know Fedor from his recent decline and Dana bashing him. Those(including fighters) who saw his original reign occur know and say hes the best in MMAs still young history. He fought opponents in their absolute strengths (standing with Mirko, in the gaurd of Nog, armbaring Judo medalist, Knocking out timmy, AA etc) and always entertained.

Fedor couldn't even win 2 straight in strikeforce, hahaha.

LOL at bold, he was great, but come on. He fought a lot of bums his entire career. WHILE he was considered the top ranked fighter in Pride he still had plenty of gimme fights. Ones that would make DC & Cummings seem like it was a reasonable fight. And honestly that fight should have never happened. Imagine what people would say if after DC Jones ended up fighting a guy with a 4-2 record who just won a new season of TUF. Nobody would give him any leeway. Fedor fought a lot of cans in his career that's just what it is.

LOL newbie post.

Didn't the longest reigning UFC champion lose to cans, not once but twice? didn't GSP lose to a can coming off TUF? If remaining unbeaten for 10 years was that easy, then how could the UFC's greatest fighters failed to do so? and not thanks to top fighters but cans?

Truth is, remaining unbeaten is tough, no matter who you fight. Ask GSP and Silva. What Fedor did was beyond amazing and he wasn't fighting weight cutters, he was fighting HW's. HW cans are far more dangerous than WW or MW cans. Simple physicis. Fedor didn't just dominate a very tough division, but he did it without showing the constant flaws fighters like Silva, GSP and Jones do. While GSP got dropped by a bjj fighter, Fedor outstruck Crocop. While Silva was subbed by cans, Fedor tooled his bjj teacher, twice. While Jon Jones leaves fights on stretchers and wheelchairs after fighting the likes of Gustafsson and OSP, Fedor rarely took much damage (up until the BF fight). Jones took more damage by fighting Gustafsson than Fedor did in 10 years. I can't even begin to imagine what would've happened to the poor kid if he was ever inside a ring with a prime Mirko.

As for fighting many cans, when you fight up to 5 times a year it's OK to fight lower tier fighters. When is the last time a UFC champion fought 5 times a year?
And that goes without saying Fedor is one of the HW's with the most top wins and when he was top ranked he always fought in the strongest HW divisions save a very few months when he was a free agent.

Cheers.

Last edited:
LOL newbie post.

Didn't the longest reigning UFC champion lose to cans, not once but twice? didn't GSP lose to a can coming off TUF? If remaining unbeaten for 10 years was that easy, then how could the UFC's greatest fighters failed to do so, and not thanks to top fighters but cans?

Truth is, remaining unbeaten is tough, no matter who you fight. Ask GSP and Silva. What Fedor did was beyond amazing and he wasn't fighting weight cutters, he was fighting HW's. HW cans are far more dangerous than WW or MW cans. Simple physicis. Fedor didn't just dominate a very tough division, but he did it without showing the constant flaws fighters like Silva, GSP and Jones do. While GSP got dropped by a bjj fighter, Fedor outstruck Crocop. While Silva was subbed by cans, Fedor tooled his bjj teacher, twice. While Jon Jones leaves fights on stretchers and wheelchairs after fighting the likes of Gustafsson and OSP, Fedor rarely took much damage. In fact Jones took more damage by fighter Gustafson than Fedor did in 10 years. I can't even begin to imagine what would've happened to that poor kid if he was inside a ring with a prime Mirko.

As for fighting many cans, when you fight up to 5 times a year it's OK to fight lower tier fighters. When is the last time a UFC champion fought 5 times a year?
And that goes without saying Fedor is one of the HW's with most top wins and when he was top ranked he always fought in the strongest HW divisions save a very few months when he was a free agent.

Cheers.
lol
ur 40 we get it

jones > gsp > fedor

Jones, GSP, Andy, and Mighty Mouse are over Fedor and I'd probably put him even lower if I thought about it longer. He fought only a handful of the top competition during his career and honestly his performances weren't always dominant even again cans. Fedor might still be the greatest HW of all time but the best fighter ever? really? come on

Humans love romanticizing the past. They long to be back in the good ole days, when fedor was the greatest. Yet they fail to realize that as time passes by, the techniques get better, fighters become fitter, and all the knowledge created by the old timers is augmented to become better. Fighters today are better than fighters in the pride days.

HW has evolved so much that zombie Nogueira was top ranked not long ago, Hunt is having more walk off KO's than ever before, Rothwell is top 10, Arlovski was 1 fight away from a title shot and the champion is a Pride veteran with a bjj base and just a decent striking game.

Some much fitness, so much new techniques... lol

Jones, GSP, Andy, and Mighty Mouse are over Fedor and I'd probably put him even lower if I thought about it longer. He fought only a handful of the top competition during his career and honestly his performances weren't always dominant even again cans. Fedor might still be the greatest HW of all time but the best fighter ever? really? come on

Silva and GSP lost to cans.

Back