This is what Jon Jones's record would look like if he fought the same level of competion Fedor did.

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
This is what Jon Jones's record would look like if he fought the same ranked opponents as Fedor did.

Jones beats Shogun to capture the UFC LHW title
Un-ranked fighter (His first fight after winning the belt would be a regional fighter not ranked in the top 250)
D.J. Linderman #35
Rich Franklin #12
CM Punk- Not ranked
Gegard Mousasi #10
Shogun Rua #7
Egidijus Valavicius #65
Daneil Cornier #2
Tito Ortiz #14
Glover Teixeira #4 (would be his next fight)

Jones's actual record and where his opponents were ranked when he fought them after winning the belt.
Rampage Jackson #4
Lyoto Machida #6
Rashad Evens #2
Vitor Belfort Not ranked at LHW but ranked #5 at MW
Chael Sonnen Not ranked at LHW, but ranked #2 at MW
Alexander Gustufson #6
Glover Teixeira #5
Daniel Cormier #2'
OSP # 12

Fedor didn't only fight cans, but more often than not he took easier fights. Below is a list of what his opponents were ranked at before Fedor fought them. This list is comprised of all of Fedor's oponents after he won the Pride HW belt.It goes to show you that he wasn't fighting the competition he should have been while being the HW champ.

Fedor beats Nog and Captures the Pride HW title
Egidijus Valavicius- Not even ranked in the top 250
Kazuyuki Fujita- #35
Gary Goodrich- #12
Yuji Nagata- Not even ranked in the top 250
Mark Coleman- #10
Kevin Randleman - #7
Naoya Ogawa- #65
Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira- #2
Tsuyoshi Kohsaka-#14
Cro Cop- #4
Zuluzinho- #115
Mark Coleman - #3
Mark Hunt #7
Matt Lindland Not ranked at HW, but #7 MW.
Hong-Man Choi- Not ranked even in the top 250
Tim Sylvia- #7
Andre Arlovski- #6
Brett Rogers- #7
Fabrico Werdum- #9
Bigfoot Silva- #10
Dan Henderson- Not Ranked at HW, but #7 LHW
Jeff Monson- #31
Satoshi Ishii- Not ranked at HW, but #47 LHW
Pedro Rizzo- Not Ranked due to inactivity but ranked #22 beifore being pulled.
Singh Jaideep- Not even Ranked in the top 250
Fabio Maldanado- Not even Ranked in the top 250 but ranked #37 at HW.

Since winning the belt in Pride He fought...

8 non ranked (@ HW) opponents

6 opponents outside the top 10

8 Top 10 opponents

Top 5 opponents.

That's 14 gimmie fights and 11 top ranked fights (12 if you include the Nog NC)

Since winning the Belt in Pride Fedor is 8-2 against opponents inside the top 10 and 14-1 against opponents not ranked or outside the top 10.

Figures from Fightmatrix

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/light-heavyweight-185-205-lbs/

Last edited:
Fedor has 12 out of 17 top ranked wins in the span of 4 years compared to Jones 10.

Nice try though.

/thread

I don't understand, is this Pro Jones or Pro Fedor?

Or just stupid stuff?

Always confuses me when someone is quick to defend Fedor's resume, but is quick to say Jones "beat over the hill guys" or complains because he fights a guy that is ranked 7 in the world.

haters.gif

Always confuses me when someone is quick to defend Fedor's resume, but is quick to say Jones "beat over the hill guys" or complains because he fights a guy that is ranked 7 in the world.

It also confuses me when people try to use Jones resume but don't realize over 50% of those fighters on his resume would be mauled at HW.

lol that was a great try to disparage FEdor and I have to say it is the most creative and statistically correct way to do it, I give you major props on the effort. It doesnt reflect the fact that fedor was fighting at a 20-30lbs weight disadvantage against many of these guys and that due to knees and soccer kicks the life expectancy of a pride fighter was probably half of that of a ufc fighter. Combine that with FEdors FEARLESS style and his constant pressure and excitement and the fact that he doesnt eye poke or oblique kick for entire rounds on end, you can see why he is still #1 in our hearts.

Fedor has 12 out of 17 top ranked wins in the span of 4 years compared to Jones 10.

Nice try though.

/thread

8 Top 10 opponents

Top 5 opponents.

That's 14 gimmie fights and 10 top ranked fights (11 if you include the Nog NC)

Since winning the Belt in Pride Fedor only foguht 2 top 5 opponents, is 8-2 against opponents inside the top 10, and 14-1 against opponents not ranked or outside the top 10.

You're nonsensically punishing him for fighting often. Take out the wins over cans ENTIRELY and he's still fought more guys, and better guys, than any current UFC HW except for maybe one. E.g., from one portion of his resume, using your data:

Damned impressive. Find me a UFC HW with that kind of undefeated run. The cans were just bonuses; don't complain about them.

Fraudor has been ducking tough fights since he got into the business. The UFC would have signed him 10x over but he's too scared to take the money because he doesn't want to get exposed and that's the fact.

How dare you talk bad about fedor the cancrusher!!!!

Un-ranked fighter (His first fight after winning the belt would be a regional fighter not ranked in the top 250)
D.J. Linderman #35
Rich Franklin #12
CM Punk- Not ranked
Gegard Mousasi #10
Shogun Rua #7
Egidijus Valavicius #65
Daneil Cornier #2
Tito Ortiz #14
Glover Teixeira #4 (would be his next fight)

Fedor didn't only fight cans, but more often than not he took easier fights.Below is a list of what his opponents were ranked at before Fedor fought them. This list is comprised of all of Fedor's oponents after he won the Pride HW belt. It goes to show you that he wasn't fighting the competition he should have been while being the HW champ.

Egidijus Valavicius- Not even ranked in the top 250
Kazuyuki Fujita- #35
Gary Goodrich- #12
Yuji Nagata- Not even ranked in the top 250
Mark Coleman- #10
Kevin Randleman - #7
Naoya Ogawa- #65
Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira- #2
Tsuyoshi Kohsaka-#14
Cro Cop- #4
Zuluzinho- #115
Mark Coleman - #3
Mark Hunt #7
Matt Lindland Not ranked at HW, but #7 MW.
Hong-Man Choi- Not ranked even in the top 250
Tim Sylvia- #7
Andre Arlovski- #6
Brett Rogers- #7
Fabrico Werdum- #9
Bigfoot Silva- #10
Dan Henderson- Not Ranked at HW, but #7 LHW
Jeff Monson- #31
Satoshi Ishii- Not ranked at HW, but #47 LHW
Pedro Rizzo- Not Ranked due to inactivity but ranked #22 beifore being pulled.
Singh Jaideep- Not even Ranked in the top 250

8 Top 10 opponents

Top 5 opponents.

Since winning the Belt in Pride Fedor is 8-2 against opponents inside the top 10 and 14-1 against opponents not ranked or outside the top 10.
Where do you find the time conduct all this research and compile this data!?

8 Top 10 opponents

Top 5 opponents.

Since winning the Belt in Pride Fedor only foguht 2 top 5 opponents, is 8-2 against opponents inside the top 10, and 14-1 against opponents not ranked or outside the top 10.

I can make up numbers too. Don't provide information without sources, you just look like a fool.

> Known MMA noob

> Seeking attention

haters.gif
[/QUOTE]

My source is that I looked up each fighters rank on Fight Matrix before they fought Fedor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back