Ex UFC HW Shawn Jordan signing with WSOF a smart move?

tucan89

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/04/heavyweight-ufc-veteran-shawn-jordan-lorenzo-hood-sign-deals-with-wsof

It's a shame MMA fighters don't make hardly any money except the big names. 1st few fights at 15/15 18/18 21/21 & 24/24!

Is this an example where gambling on free agency is a loss?! I find it hard to believe that the UFC didn't offer him something similar to these figures, sure he can get sponsors at WSOF but if your not a big name does it really matter? Plus they have like no heavyweights he's gonna be lucky to fight twice a year if even that! He could fight 3x tops in the UFC a year with all the events they have. Wsof does cover medicals right? I thought I read here once that they didn't.

Does WSOF even have a heavyweight division?

Big fish small pond, could be champion if he plays his cards right.

Bellator should have pick the guy..

with Minakov, Kharitonov, Lashley , MeatHead , Kongo etc that would have been another good name to add.

He beat Derrick Lewis who is on roll lately ffs..
He's good

Probably an ok move, I have a hard time getting excited for wsof and one though

If the UFC offered him a better deal, he would probably take it.

So the UFC loses another HW....what they got left now in the HW roster, like 10 fighters?

If the UFC offered him a better deal, he would probably take it.

True. What I'm saying is after 10 fights with them I really find it hard to believe that they would offer him 15/15...I mean I wouldn't put it past them of course lol

Just find it weird he was complaining about money in the UFC now is gonna be complaining about only fighting once a year

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/04/heavyweight-ufc-veteran-shawn-jordan-lorenzo-hood-sign-deals-with-wsof

It's a shame MMA fighters don't make hardly any money except the big names. 1st few fights at 15/15 18/18 21/21 & 24/24!

Is this an example where gambling on free agency is a loss?! I find it hard to believe that the UFC didn't offer him something similar to these figures, sure he can get sponsors at WSOF but if your not a big name does it really matter? Plus they have like no heavyweights he's gonna be lucky to fight twice a year if even that! He could fight 3x tops in the UFC a year with all the events they have. Wsof does cover medicals right? I thought I read here once that they didn't.
You really don't know how much he earns from the UFC to make this claim. He has fought more than 3 times in one year. Ask him why he didn't choose to re-sign or even if they offered him a new contract.

Back