UFC Womens flyweight division?

JGood456

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
If the UFC was to ever go forward with a women's flyweight division, which fighters could you see either dropping down or going up to fight in this new division? I'm drooling thinking of some match ups between smaller Bantams and bigger flyweights that could be made. I think the UFC is the only mma org without a women's flyweight division, but i could be wrong.

Jojo would move up as would Val, I think even Gadelha and JJ(eventually) would want to move up. Those moving down could be fighters like Jessica Eye, Shevchenko and Im kinda drawing a blank on any others lol

Pena
Eye
Pennington
Correia
Andrade ^

If you thought the divisions were shallow already, just wait until this new one opens up.

Joanna champion said she wishes ufc had flyweight, making straw weight is hard for her. It could be a beast division with all the bantamweights that get outmuscled by Ronda moving down, and all the bulky straw weights going up. Long term, it might be better for the ufc to scrap strawweight and add flyweight and atomweight.

I'm all for more divisions... Doesn't mean more fights, but it does mean more title fights, and title fights are awesome.

If the UFC was to ever go forward with a women's flyweight division, which fighters could you see either dropping down or going up to fight in this new division? I'm drooling thinking of some match ups between smaller Bantams and bigger flyweights that could be made. I think the UFC is the only mma org without a women's flyweight division, but i could be wrong.
Almost half from each. Depleting the already lack of fighers in each division.

Jojo would move up as would Val, I think even Gadelha and JJ(eventually) would want to move up. Those moving down could be fighters like Jessica Eye, Shevchenko and Im kinda drawing a blank on any others lol

Tate was all over it before becoming the champ....lol

Joanna champion said she wishes ufc had flyweight, making straw weight is hard for her. It could be a beast division with all the bantamweights that get outmuscled by Ronda moving down, and all the bulky straw weights going up. Long term, it might be better for the ufc to scrap strawweight and add flyweight and atomweight.

Joanna wouldn't have so easy in a flyweight division, she would have to stop the takedown of smaller bantams that would drop down, I would think that they would be stronger than the SW that she is use to dighting

HUGE HUGE HUGE mistake making a WFLW division, only 1 or 2 women at 135lbs can't make 125lbs, it would thin out 2 divisions that are already quite shallow.

Claudia if she loses to JJ.

I for one, am very excited.

I know that when I'm bored watching Mighty Mouse fighting other flyweights, I am thinking to myself, "If only these were women."

There's some awesome flyweights not signed to the MACHINE that can be added to the roster, plus I think some will stay still after seeing some the weaker fighters jump ship

Back