2 Questions I Have Yet To See Answered In Conor/UFC 200 Flap

ultramanhyata

Reclimbing Like Mountain
@Steel
Reaction score
Without answers to these two questions I find it impossible to draw a fair conclusion about which side acted the most honorably in the lead up to McG getting pulled from the card.

1. How far in advance was the date of the scheduled 200 presser announced by the UFC to the fighters who were expected to be in attendance?

2. How far in advance of the scheduled 200 presser did Conor inform the UFC that he would be unavailable?

If anyone has this information I would appreciate you sharing it here. Thanks.

Beating_a_dead_horse_by_pjperez_zpsbefb6e35.jpg

Watch this week´s MMA hour ... Conor´s coach answered those questions.

Rory is the one that truly had the balls to do anything revolutionary ... the rest is history

There was something like a blog article by Kavanagh about this. Cant find it though.

We know Conor and his team knew when they were in Portugal, before going to Iceland, that he was told he needed to be at the press conference.

That's when Coach Kavanagh said they began negotiations on what press Conor would do. But the coach was wrong as we all know now, it wasn't up for negotiation by that point.

3. Just how much media obligations was Conor expected to do as opposed to let's say Meisha or Cain who both have had something to say on Conors obligations.

Without answers to these two questions I find it impossible to draw a fair conclusion about which side acted the most honorably in the lead up to McG getting pulled from the card.

1. How far in advance was the date of the scheduled 200 presser announced by the UFC to the fighters who were expected to be in attendance?

2. How far in advance of the scheduled 200 presser did Conor inform the UFC that he would be unavailable?

Those are your two questions?

How about just one question?

1. Mcgregor is giving preferential treatment already. He was given a LW title shot because he asked for it. He was given the second Diaz fight because he asked for it. He was staying in a mansion during press events and being flown around on private planes at the UFC's expense. He was allowed to grab Aldo's belt and do the Carlon Banks dance. He was allowed to slap Aldo on the back in front of the UFC brass with no reprimands. He had shirts printed that said insulted Aldo. It says in his contract that he will be the main event in any show that he appears.

How exactly is he being treated unfairly?

1. More than a day and enough time for everyone else to make it

2. Not enough time to changes mandatory into elective

answers:

1) Enough time for ALL OTHER FIGHTERS to attend the presser for the biggest event of the year
BTW: Conor used to be part of the and enjoy disrespecting other fighters there. What happened to biggest douche in MMA?????????
2) They all new he was not attending since the rematch was never suposed to happen. ONly booked for making it look as if conor was not scared.... Everybody, including conor, knows nate wins 99/100 times in a rematch
Now all this retard drama for teenagers.....

Watch this week´s MMA hour ... Conor´s coach answered those questions.

Rory is the one that truly had the balls to do anything revolutionary ... the rest is history
so childish....

conor ducked nate all day all night, all year

Rory, failed hype job by UFC and company man is doing his job by making it look like something else is going on here

LOL

so childish....

conor ducked nate all day all night, all year

Rory, failed hype job by UFC and company man is doing his job by making it look like something else is going on here

LOL

im not sure what u mean by childish ...
Rory coming out basickly stating that fighters should have a fighters union , doesnt strike you as "something else going on"?

Acted most honorably? Conor is at fault here. It's obvious he never had any issue with marketing etc until Diaz beat his ass - he then slinked away and didn't want to do shit. Prior to the Diaz beating he couldn't get enough attention... It's not rocket science. Conor dropped the ball. The End.

im not sure what u mean by childish ...
Rory coming out basickly stating that fighters should have a fighters union , doesnt strike you as "something else going on"?
anything they invent will be useful for not accepting reality
conor ducking nate
no excuses, zero real reasons

even in the post presser at 196 conor said he was defeending at 145 next...

after people began to make fun of him, they planned to "book" a rematch with nate to make it look as if he was not scared so the teenagers in the 1st world would buy PPVs

so after that they pulled this retarded drama for teenagers to veil the duck

so difficult to understand???????????????????????

rematch will never happen

end of story

Who gives a shit who acted more honorably? The UFC has been clear for years that you do the promotional work they tell you to, or you don't fight. They weren't about to set a precedent where a fighter chose where, when or how they promoted the fight. I have no idea if they were 'fair' in how they made their arrangements. The reality is, this was a completely and totally predictable response. Personally, I think it's the best thing for Conor, even if he doesn't recognize it. He is clearly burnt out on the circus. Some time off will do him good.

The same as everyone else on the card numb nuts.

I8IaBViFSM6OR017deYU_You%20Cant%20Handle%20the%20Truth.gif

Even Frankie Edgar stated Conors schedule is much greater than everyone else has to do.

I would go on to say educated opinions from professionals within the industry are pretty underrated here on Sherdog and that Cyber Dojo expertise is very much overrated.

The same as everyone else on the card numb nuts.

I8IaBViFSM6OR017deYU_You%20Cant%20Handle%20the%20Truth.gif

I am so glad I read this at work. At home I'd be a few brownies into a meal and this would really mess with my head.

anything they invent will be useful for not accepting reality
conor ducking nate
no excuses, zero real reasons

even in the post presser at 196 conor said he was defeending at 145 next...

after people began to make fun of him, they planned to "book" a rematch with nate to make it look as if he was not scared so the teenagers in the 1st world would buy PPVs

so after that they pulled this retarded drama for teenagers to veil the duck

so difficult to understand???????????????????????

rematch will never happen

end of story

I never cared about this drama ... what we as fans should be talking about and promoting is a "fighters union"

Back