Cain Velasquez won't back McGregor drama: It's not fair to the other fighters

Hannya MMA

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
As Cain Velasquez told MMA Fighting, everyone has to pull their weight.

"I'm doing it, everybody else is doing it. Can I see his side? No, not really. I'm doing it. Everybody else is doing it. If he had to do way more than what we had to do, OK then, yes. I could definitely see that. But if he's not, if he's doing the same thing, then no. We're all doing it. I feel that we all do have obligations to do this kind of stuff. I'm a guy that hates doing this. When I first started to fight, I thought it was just training and fighting and that was it. 'OK, you've gotta do interviews.' [I was like,] 'What?' Doing it now, yeah I'm kind of comfortable with doing it. I can do it pretty easily, I feel like. I feel like it is part of the job. You've gotta do this and train and fight. Some people can do this kind of stuff all day, some people can't. I understand that. You just talk to whoever is with you. The PR people from the UFC are great. We just talk to them and say, 'Hey, this is too much.' Again, that's not fair to the other fighters I would say, also. But me personally, I don't care. You came, you didn't come. If he fights on the card, if he doesn't, I'm just happy to be back. That's it."

It's not fair to fight 2 fights for 4 years and be called a champ

Its not fair all the other fighters are actually FIGHTING.

MR. "DOING IT"

Conor hinswlf is doing allot more
So its easy to talk.

He probably made these comments at altitude and didnt really mean them.

Cain drives to his press conferences. He is boring. Says nothing. He really is talking out of his ass.

In coming butt hurt from Conor fans.

Oh wait.. to late.

But Mcgregor is doing this for the other fighters!!!!!11111111111

Lol

Yeah except McGregor will have to go to Kelly and Michael with the UFC and all the other fighters then the UFC will make him do a Kelly & Michael show featuring just Conor McGregor. All these fighters like Cain, Tate & Aldo need to get a clue.

Whos laughing now though? We are at Conor who thought he would force the UFC to bend to his will...How'd that work out for ya

Lol. Cain the silent worst promoter in the sport - genetically made to sell tickets but still can't - comparing his promotion obligation to the biggest promoter in the history of the sport.

Oh wait.. to late.
Nothing butthurt about pointing out the obvious hypocrisy in this statement. Cain hasn't done much of anything for a long time. Shouldn't be talking about the more active fighters like this.

method=get&s=cain-velasquez-gif.gif

Oh wait.. to late.
No shit. He needs to lose again so they can fuck off and die. They are more resilient than he Ronda fans were. Like cockroaches compared to slugs.

This is not about promotion. This is about Mcgregor getting what he wants.

A few months ago (before his loss). If Aldo, Edgar, Dillashaw, or any body of any relevance to him would pulled this stunt, Mcgregor would have been on a campaign of insults against that person.

Imagine if Aldo didn't show up for vignettes and a series of pressers for 189. Dana and Mcgregor would have called him a coward and weak and every disparate word in their vocabulary.

Cain has a point. Here's hoping his injuries are finally behind him.

Everybody does the press conferences, but not everybody goes on various radio and TV shows to do further promotion. Say what you want about Conor, but the facts are he's been one of the most active high level fighters in recent years, took big short notice fights and did more media than anyone else. So no, what Conor did isn't what everybody does.

Cain has a point. Here's hoping his injuries are finally behind him.
He has a 100% valid point, and I would love to see him go on a healthy run, but that body has seen millions of road miles and is broken down.

Apart from the press conferences and cutting the promo how much more does conor have to do? Isn't it his choice if he wants to go on these radio stations and tv shows? I don't know can some say if the radio and tv are compulsory or not.

Back