Robbie Lawler next title defense?

fiftywattmafia

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
January 2nd was a while ago now. What's the hold up? Still trying to bring GSP back? I am dying to see who they pair him with....meanwhile Tyron's been on the bench waiting for a long time.

Tyron Woodley

814995895.gif

After the wars this guy has been in his body just needs to rest :) The career he has had his body has be like a 50 year old. Love this guy though and can't wait to hear what is next.

I don't think they're giving Woodley that fight. I think the UFC would rather do the winner of Rory/Wonderboy. So we might not see Robbie again until late this year. For a guy like Robbie who has 36 bouts under his belt, the layoff is probably welcome. He'll fight once this year. Tyron's plan to wait it out is about as crazy as it gets. He doesn't know if the UFC is going to give him the shot, he is only on a two fight win streak against Gastelum and Stun Gun (not exactly the best the division has) and look at what waiting does to people most of the time... it screws them.

Probably Woodley, even though I dont think he deserves it

He does need a rest considering how many fights he's had, and the nature of his fights.

But I just don't see how they'd wait for the wonder boy vs Rory match up when Rory had his shot already & Wonderboy smashed the former champ.

Seems to me like they have other plans before either Rory or Wonderboy get the shot

All the smoke has cleared, and there is one answer that resounds with clarity every time the question is asked.
TYRONE WOODLEY

Ya better caaa-l-l-l Tyro-o-o-o-ne!

Would not be surprised to see Lawler on UFC 200 at all. So quiet on that front, seems like something must be brewing. Woodley or Condit I hope...

robbies fights are entertaining and draining so i think we can cut the guy some slack

They said they were looking at Lawler vs Woodley for either 201 or 202

Can't see the UFC shoving Wonderboy aside for Woodley. I have to delude myself that they're trying to reward him with something big. Like GSP.

Can't see the UFC shoving Wonderboy aside for Woodley. I have to delude myself that they're trying to reward him with something big. Like GSP.

Would love to see WB vs Robbie instead of woodley, but WB vs Rory is in June, and even if its a quick KO and not a war (which it may be), he'd need 3 or 4 months til he fights again. Not sure they want to keep Robbie on the bench that long. Hopefully he KOs woodley into a full time broadcasting career.

Back