Letourneau v Calderwood at UFC Ottawa - First Women's Flyweight fight in the UFC

Who wins?

• Total voters

CanMMAfan84

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Alright sherdoggers.. Thoughts and/or predictions?

Last edited:
This is a Flyweight bout, so i guess the Women will get a 125 pound division as well. My thoughts are- get rid of the Men's 125 pound division, and i am fine with a Women's 125 pound division. Decent fight.

First Women's FLW fight in UFC history. Looks like that rumor yesterday is true.

War Jojo!

Going to be a long night for JoJo.

My turn..

I did promise VL that I would cheer for her in her next fight.. But Jojo is also a fave..

Letourneau via UD

Thicker JoJo is hot. Too bad she's gonna get smashed. I'm sad now.

WOW !!!
YES!!

Good guy Joe Silva

WAR Jojo

thats a good fight, if Jojo wins that she could put herself in line for a shot at the belt

edit: just noticed its at flyweight..... wtf?

Tough fight... They're both gonna be battered after this one.

Massive JoJo fan but why would she want to move up in weight? Maybe they made a mistake in the advertisement?

Big news, at 125 Letourneau should take this

Good because both belong at Flyweight as do several others.

This is a Flyweight bout, so i guess the Women will get a 125 pound division as well. My thoughts are- get rid of the Men's 125 pound division, and i am fine with a Women's 125 pound division. Decent fight.

http://www.ufc.com/news/Letourneau-to-Face-Calderwood-in-Ottawa

The bout marks the UFC’s first ever women’s 125-pound fight, but is not the launch of a new division. UFC officials are looking into possibly opening a women’s flyweight division in the future, but until the time when or if such a division is permanently announced, there remain two women’s divisions (bantamweight and strawweight) and there will be no rankings set up for a 125-pound women’s class.

Not yet.

Massive JoJo fan but why would she want to move up in weight? Maybe they made a mistake in the advertisement?

(Assuming UFC is starting a Women's FLW division in the future)

1)She would be much closer to a title shot
2) Worse competition than SW
3) No champion in the division yet

Cool fight. No matter who wins I'll be bummed for the loser.

Good thing that Letourneau doesn't have to look like a corpse in the weight-in.
Think she wins this one.

Back