Has any fighter created a new submission in last 1-2 years?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Do not watch the BJJ tourneys but occasionally see fighters in the UFC with unique submissions
and was wondering if there has been any new evolution in the sub game?
I also have no clue when they were introduced.

But do remember:
Back in 2004, Big Nog Gator Rolling AND, even Bas Rutten knew nothing about it and wanted Big Nog to show him it.

So any new ones AND, if not, what was the newest one?

Do not watch the BJJ tourneys but occasionally see fighters in the UFC with unique submissions
and was wondering if there has been any new evolution in the sub game?
I also have no clue when they were introduced.

But do remember:
Back in 2004, Big Nog Gator Rolling AND, even Bas Rutten knew nothing about it and wanted Big Nog to show him it.

So any new ones AND, if not, what was the newest one?
Here you go I'm calling it The Throat Cutter. Maybe someone else has seen/done this before, but it's the first time I've seen it ...

Dunno if he invented it but..

20160130071949_GettyImages507650512.JPG

ian mccall is a member on these forums, i'm sure he's submitted a few new posts here in the past 1-2 years

Look, Conor is obviously taking time off because Ido finally perfected his time travel machine, and they are both preparing to go back in time and kill baby Hitler. Obviously they need to get this right, as well as time to roll everything back in case Hitler is a reptilian (possible) so there was no way to squeeze that in before UFC 200. I don't know what you guys expect.

Here you go I'm calling it The Throat Cutter. Maybe someone else has seen/done this before, but it's the first time I've seen it ...

Damn! Nice one....never seen that one either

Estima lock by Braulio and his brother within the last few years I think.

Ben Rothwell didn't invent the gogo choke nor his coach, but they seem to have been developing it, and now the front choke/10 finger guillotine is making a comeback.

Conor Tap on himself Vs Uncle Fester & Co

Kind of new

Estima lock by Braulio and his brother within the last few years I think.

Ben Rothwell didn't invent the gogo choke nor his coach, but they seem to have been developing it, and now the front choke/10 finger guillotine is making a comeback.

Thanks for reply:
That Estima one looks fairly easy to apply....Wonder why no one in UFC has done it?

Since grappling is thousands of years old, I'd say no move recently has been created, just recycled.

Thanks for reply:
That Estima one looks fairly easy to apply....Wonder why no one in UFC has done it?
because fighters rarely go for straight ankle locks, let alone a more advanced version like the Estima lock. And the Estima brothers snap up those locks when their opponents play DLR and berimbolo, which we almost never see in MMA.

Yeah, if you hear Rogan say that a sub looks like a modified, fill in the blank. Then they may have just done something new. I don't think anyone had done what Rothwell did before he did. It was so quick too. So like the guy above alluded to, Rothwell did with his "modified guillotine" which happened to be from north south with his oponents had under neither arm.

Nathan orchard with the 'dead orchard' a modified triangle armbar.

Here's one for the ages. Winning fighter tapped cause he was whopping the guy ass too much
2w394t4.jpg

Back