UFC 200 Main Event zzzzzz

Spider Ricco

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
From reading here most people seem to be delighted and quite excited about Jones DC main eventing. My question is why? Did you catch their last fight? Jones cruised through the fight and his size difference was almost comical at times, far greater than I anticipated.

There is no reality where DC wins this match, Jones is taking home a decision again for sure.

So is it really the hoards of Conor haters just rejoicing he's not on the card and been replaced as main?
Don't get me wrong, this is a far more deserving matchup than Mac Diaz 2 and it needed to happen. Both fights should be happening with Jones DC given higher billing.
It just feels like 200 is missing another big fight (fuck wmma too) so even though this is a fight that needed to happen, is nobody else bummed out that it's the main event of ufc 200?

I'm with you, but hey, I'm just another delusional Conor fan.

You're complaining about Jones/DC 2 because DC has no way to win.

Yet you want to see a fight where the winner had 11 days notice and virtually no training camp or game plan and still rocked and choked out his opponent who had a full camp.

You're complaining about Jones/DC 2 because DC has no way to win.

Yet you want to see a fight where the winner had 11 days notice and virtually no training camp or game plan and still rocked and choked out his opponent who had a full camp.

Yeah but imagine how happy you'd be if it happened again.
It's not one or the other, there's room for both fights. Plus I'd give Conor more of a chance in rematch than I would DC, especially if it's knocked down the card to a 3 rounded

They said Frankie Edgar VS Gray Maynard rematch was gonna suck.......... But look what happened. You never know. This fight could be fireworks. DC has what it takes to bring it to Jon. He did very good in that second round the first time. Sometimes guys, figure eachother out in rematches. Just look at Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez people were saying the same thing your saying and Manny got KTFO last time. So anything can happen.

Yeah but imagine how happy you'd be if it happened again.
It's not one or the other, there's room for both fights. Plus I'd give Conor more of a chance in rematch than I would DC, especially if it's knocked down the card to a 3 rounded

I wouldn't be happy at all.

The only interest I have in Conor is seeing him finally sack up and quit ducking Frankie.

meh, same ending as before.
but the previous main event was the same so.....

Nah this is a real good fight. I'm excited although I hope rusty jones doesn't show up

People should realize by now that fighters never not have a chance of winning. In the past 6 months, how many freak or unexpected turnarounds have we seen?

There are two similar threads on the front page? Ego got the best of you?

Pretty much, in my arrogance I thought, no no I can articulate far greater than the others, I'm probably wrong but I just wasn't getting WHY people were excited. I know anything can happen in the fight game, but Jones is just way too big for him

Back