Anyone think R3 still easily subs cupcake

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I love tate but cmon its a bad matchup and I see R3 winning just like the first two.

Depends on where Ronda's mind is at. From a strict fighting point of view, nothing has changed. Ronda is as superior as evidenced by the first two fights. But what goes on in her head, that's the interesting thing, and what could possibly make a difference.

I love tate but cmon its a bad matchup and I see R3 winning just like the first two.

Ronda is a bad match up for Tate, but it's hard to say how that fight will go today without seeing what kind of shape/condition Ronda will come back in. I think Miesha will attempt to fight smarter a 3rd time around, but being a wrestler I don't see how she could avoid clinching with Ronda or fighting this out on the ground. Neither one is a great striker, but I still rate Ronda's striking slightly higher than Tates, she has more power and also uses more combinations ..

After seeing Holly vs Miesha, I am definitely more interested in a 3rd fight with Ronda, than I was prior to UFC 196 ...

Yes, that's why I hope Nunes win @200

(well she beat Nunes too, but at least it's a new match up...)

I hope not but yeah style-wise probably.

Meisha has better striking if she can figure out how to avoid the clinch, if she gets tied up with Ronda then it's over

I like Tate and dislike Rousey, but I see Rousey winning that fight every time.

I hope not but yeah style-wise probably.

Meisha has better striking if she can figure out how to avoid the clinch, if she gets tied up with Ronda then it's over
Tate doesn't have better striking than Ronda, their striking is equally poor.

Rousey wins that fight everytime, I don't see any path to victory for Tate.

Tate doesn't have better striking than Ronda, their striking is equally poor.

It's defintely better. It's not good. Everyone has better striking than ronda. Except bethe corrierier who apparently is a professional fighter for some reason

3rd round sub isn't necessarily easy. I give Meisha a good chance of beating her the third time around. It's been proven that Ronda has weaknesses. That's good for both tactics and confidence.

If that doesn't work I'll cut off my pinky toes and sacrifice them to Belial.

It's defintely better. It's not good. Everyone has better striking than ronda. Except bethe corrierier who apparently is a professional fighter for some reason
No it isn't, Ronda just looked more terrible because she bullrushed an elite counter striker instead of refusing to engage, Tate doesn't even have a jab.

This is the same mismatch that it always has been. Meisha has nothing for ronda.

I hate to say it but Ronda will beat Cupcake.

It will be much closer now.
Ronda hasn't been training properly since the Holm fight, Meisha has.

In their last 2 fights Tate rushed to initiate clinches vs Ronda despite dominating the standup. That version of that that
was choosing the worst possible gameplan in a fight seems to be gone.
So Ronda will be a weaker version of herself while Tate will be a better version with a smarter gameplan, I'd still rate Ronda as the favorite but close fight this time

post-25049-laughing-out-loud-lol-gif-Now-xlnU.gif

I'm not a big fan of Tate but I take my hat off to how long she spent on the feet in a more or less competitive match with HH.

However her bread and butter is her top game which lands her in trouble against Rhonda so unless Tate can keep her hips below Rhonda's and outbox her for 25 minutes.

If Tate can stop doing stupid things like going for the trip takedown over and over, she has a chance. Seriously, she'd be winning a striking exchange, then out of nowhere go for a takedown and get thrown. It was some of the worst fight IQ I've seen.

If I am remembering correctly Rousey only tried to take Holly down once or twice and pretty much wanted to exchange. If she does that with Tate she will lose, but you got think she won't be that stupid twice and against an opponent she basically rag dolled and submitted once on the ground.

Back