Agree/Disagree: Stipe would beat Jones at HW

Uncommon Valor

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Stipe has good footwork, boxing, defensive wrestling, decent cardio, has an 80-inch reach, and is equally as tall as Jones. You may say he's a better version of Gustafsson. Agree/disagree, Sherdog?

Last edited:
is this a poll?? I d say yes

Agree. Stipe, Werdum, Cain, JDS, Overeem, Browne all beat Jones. He doesn't look too great against guys his height.

200w.gif

After Jones' performance on Saturday, i seriously doubt his ability to compete at heavyweight. In addition to this, although he is an extremely technical fighter, his lack of a knockout punch will certainly hinder any attempt to move up in weight. I say Stipe beats him easily.

I wish but I can't bet against JBJ until I really see him get handled. So I'll say in my dreams, Stipe kicks his ass.

Disagree, but Stipe would definitely be Jones' toughest fight at HW just due to the matchup. He's a beast - that fight would be a true war. Hope it happens after Jones clears Cormier and Rumble.

"im a complete mixed martial artist , but i cant compete against HW´s , i have skinny legs"

I don't know about the Gus comparison, but, yes, Stipe takes > 5/10 from Jones

Did you just say Stipe is a better version JDS?

JDS has highlight reel KOs over Hunt, Mir, Struve, Yvel, Cain and Werdum. He also beat the shit out of Carwin, Nelson, Rothwell and finished Cro Cop.

Stipe's highlight reel KOs are Arlovski, Del Rosario and the living legends that are Fabio Maldonado and Phil De Fries.

Also, they fought not long ago. If Stipe was a better version of JDS, logically he wouldn't have lost to him.

Jones wouldn't be able to get the takedown consistently, Miocic would box him up badly.

Agreed, Stipe is one of the guys for me that could beat Jones. Stipe is very fast for HW and he has fast and crisp hands. I would like to see him fight Jones.

Did you just say Stipe is a better version JDS?

JDS has highlight reel KOs over Hunt, Mir, Struve, Yvel, Cain and Werdum. He also beat the shit out of Carwin, Nelson, Rothwell and finished Cro Cop.

Stipe's highlight reel KOs are Arlovski, Del Rosario and the living legends that are Fabio Maldonado and Phil De Fries.

Also, they fought not long ago. If Stipe was a better version of JDS, logically he wouldn't have lost to him.
Lol, I meant to say Gustafsson.

Yeah I feel confident that Stipe would beat him pretty badly. I do not think that Jones will be anywhere nearly as successful & effective at HW as he was at LHW.

I think this fight would show the difference of the levels of boxing between those 2. I think Stipe would be one of the toughest match ups at HW for Jones.

Back