Both Jones and Cormier said Gustafsson was the toughest fight of their career.

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
And the only time they got beaten up.

In before Alex has only beaten an out of prime Shogun.

Just hoping Gus will be back fighting soon. The 205 division needs him.

His best fights are his defeats. Unfortunately.

Rumble didn't think it was that tough

I wish Gus was more active I love watching him fight, he has great hands when he lets it all loose.

He would've been 2 time LHW champion if judges were consistent and unbiased towards champions. Period.

Gus is a beast, He showed how good of a fighter he was in 2 championship losses. Those two fights aren't anything to be ashamed of, as I see them as accomplishments. Not many fighters even get the chance to be 2x challenger, let alone be so competitive against champions in Jones and Cormier.

Jones was DC's toughest fight because he lost...he's just not going to admit it.

200w.gif

just another instance of DC lying and saying shit cause its not true.

everyone used to bash JJ for being fake when ive always thought it was DC who is always tryin to act so righteous and above everyone else.

its kinda why the story of how they first met sounds so right. JJ is a young punk who said something in jest with a smile and meant in locker room humour. And its DC who was the arrogant older competitor who got his knickers in a knot.

He would've been 2 time LHW champion if judges were consistent and unbiased towards champions. Period.
Lol. I'm a big Gus fan but he lost both fights. I do think he would beat DC in a rematch though.

Gus doesn't have the head to be a champion. Extremely good fighter but can't close.

Back