Saddest MMA moments

madi

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
What was the saddest moment for you in MMA?

For me was when Cain KO Big Nog. I avoided MMA news for a week.

velasquez-quick-ko-nog_medium_medium.gif

Not the saddest ever, but most recently is Overeem beating JDS.

JDS is my favourite fighter of all time, and never liked Overeem and thought JDS would crush him.

I'm still bitter.

Any time I see a fighter carried out on a stretcher. I enjoy the chess-match aspects of MMA, but don't enjoy seeing a fighter get seriously hurt.

Andersons leg break made me feel really sad when it happened. That was heartbreaking.

59989.3.jpg

I won't post the video since it's pretty graphic, but when Jamie Varner broke his ankle in the first round against James Krause, and painstakingly tried to fight with it throughout the rest of the round as his foot constantly rolled under his leg.

Never felt more sorry for a fighter, but had an endless amount of respect for Varner for still trying to fight through the pain of a gruesome injury. Balls of steel.

I like Shogun. I like Machida.

When Shogun KO'd Machida, I didn't understand how to feel. Pretty much an mma short circuit.

Bones Jones eviscerating Shogun. I was so excited to watch Shogun's 1st title defense at Applebees after work. I wondered the MANY different ways Shogun would stop him while working. Fuck.

When Chael finished Shogun...

Big Nog going down to Cain left a sour taste and I was never a huge Nog fan

Anderson's leg break left me feeling sick because like the guy or not....no great champion deserves to go out like that....shrieking in pain with his leg flopping like a wet noodle

Fedor in the Bigfoot fight hurts as does Shogun getting mollywhupped by Jones

lots of memories bad and good lol ....for the love of mma

CroCop Gonzaga..
And I'm not even a big CC fan..
That was hard to watch and stopped a huge hype train and spoiled us of several legendary match ups we had been speculating on and waiting for for years ( CC vs Randy, AA, TIm...)

Any time I see a fighter carried out on a stretcher. I enjoy the chess-match aspects of MMA, but don't enjoy seeing a fighter get seriously hurt.

Andersons leg break made me feel really sad when it happened. That was heartbreaking.

59989.3.jpg

Jones/shogun

JDS/Cain 1 and 2

Aldo/Greg

Rampage/Bader

2 Saddest Moments in MMA

When Clippy joined Sherdog

when 99Silva got banned from Sherdog

Back