If Rumble vs Jones stays on the feet...

I'd still say jones because he uses his reach brilliantly

Rumble has better hands than Jones, by far.

But Jones has a shitload more weapons overall - spinning elbows, knees, kicks.

Jones would keep it at a distance I would imagine, but that Rumble power would always be a factor.

Then rumble gets poked in the eye...
They should allow small joint manipulation i bet people wouldnt stick their fingers out anymore.

I'd still say jones because he uses his reach brilliantly

It didnt stop DC and Gus repeatedly hitting him in the face in every round. Is there any credible reason to believe Rumble couldnt do the same?

It didnt stop DC and Gus repeatedly hitting him in the face in every round. Is there any credible reason to believe Rumble couldnt do the same?

i agree about gus and thought that he won that fight, but he is taller with almost as long as a reach, so my point is invalid there.
DC had 1.5 good rounds, then the rest were controlled by jones because of his reach and leverage advantage. i don't agree on that.

jones has better cardio so still jones

jones likes beating fighters at what they do but throwing punches against rumble is still asking for trouble

grapple ground and pound

Peppered at distance, plants Rumble on the cage and dirty boxes him up when he pursues it, sprinkled in elbows when available.

I think there'd be a pretty small chance of it staying on the feet. Jon knows Rumble can...well...rumble :p

But that said...Johnson just needs one shot.

Rumble has better hands than Jones, by far.

But Jones has a shitload more weapons overall - spinning elbows, knees, kicks.

These .. Jon's reach, plus WinkJohn game planning will be a lot for Rumble to get through. A Rumble KO is possible, but I wouldn't bank on it.

i agree about gus and thought that he won that fight, but he is taller with almost as long as a reach, so my point is invalid there.
DC had 1.5 good rounds, then the rest were controlled by jones because of his reach and leverage advantage. i don't agree on that.

Based on their both fights against Cormier and Gustafsson, I really dont get how anyone could see Jones as the favourite against Rumble in a fight which stays on the feet. Rumble crushed Gustafsson inside 1 round and dominated pretty much every exchange against Cormier on the feet. Compare that how Jones looked against the same fighters and imo its obvious Rumble would likely dominate Jones aswell.

You reach fetishists are really reaching here

It would be Rumble by a country mile, of course with that imaginary stipulation that TDs aren't allowed

In a real MMA fight (with TDs), Jones would be the rightful favorite

I think there'd be a pretty small chance of it staying on the feet. Jon knows Rumble can...well...rumble :p

Maybe small chance it stays entirely on the feet, but there is a good chance it stays mainly standing, and that the fight doesnt end on the ground.

If there was no clinching then I would favor Rumble. Jones uses his reach very well but Rumble can cover a lot of ground quickly. If Machida, Evans and Cormier was able to tag Jones on the feet, Rumble would for sure. But theres no way Jackson and Wink would let Jones stand and trade. Thats just uneccessarily playing with fire. He tried the whole "beating them at their own game" with Gus and got lit the fuck up.

It would give Rumble much better chances, but Bones is too smart to only keep it standing and too good at mixing things up.

You reach fetishists are really reaching here

It would be Rumble by a country mile, of course with that imaginary stipulation that TDs aren't allowed

In a real MMA fight (with TDs), Jones would be the rightful favorite

Its not imaginary that Rumble stuffs the TDs from Jones, or that Jones gets only some brief TDs which leads to nothing etc. etc.

Its not imaginary that Rumble stuffs the TDs from Jones, or that Jones gets only some brief TDs which leads to nothing etc. etc.

What Rumble fights have you watched where TDs against him lead to nothing?

He's a turtle off of his back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back