Spoiled Fights

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Share your biggest spoiler disappointments that didn't occur via the Internet. What happened?

Mine actually wasn't MMA. I was in SF the weekend of the Mayweather vs. Pac fight. I didn't go on the Internet once. I made sure not to look at the papers in the hotel. I avoided bars with TVs. I had ordered and taped the fight for when I got home. When the Valet went to get my car so I could drive home to see the fight, he yelled to the security guard, "sorry about your boy Pac last night."

Sigh.

I was out hunting the weekend of Rousey and Holm. Getting up so early to get to a tree stand, I didn't stay up and watch the fight, but rather set my alarm 20 minutes earlier than usual so I could watch it quick before out and then I wouldn't have to avoid any and all internet or TV as the result was surely to be plastered everywhere.

Watching a fight at 4:15am shouldn't give too many spoiler opportunities, right? I shut the alarm off on my phone and in the text notification up top I see (so I didn't even click on messages to read them) "Rousey down by headkick KO. Wow" from a guy I didn't even know watched fights!!!

So I still watched the fight, but fully knew the result that sooner or later Rousey was gonna get her head kicked off. Completely ruins the thrill of watching and getting to see that unfold

I missed the Big Rhonda vs Holy Holm fight, I wasn't at work for two hours the next day before someone asked me " Did you see that bitch get kicked in the mouth? "

Taped? Ah lol I remember tapes when I was a kid.

Missed Rousey Holm, hopped on Cnn on the way to my friends to watch it and "Holm knocks out Rousey" was on the front page. Stupid of me

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

Well don't even think about looking at your phone. Dont turn on a radio. You can't stop random assholes from screaming out results in the street. But, I've yet to see that in mma anyway. It's really not that difficult.

I taped Anderson vs hendo, and one of the guys from college that I was training with calls me to rub it in that hendo lost again.

Edit: this was a fight I wanted to see for a while.

My good friend is a very vocal Anderson Silva hater. The day after Weidman Silva 1, I was just about to watch the main event and I got 2 texts one after the other, I looked at the first "Lol Silva got KTFO" and then 2nd said "Oh shit sorry man I dunno if uv watch it yet"

Was speechless

I missed the Big Rhonda vs Holy Holm fight, I wasn't at work for two hours the next day before someone asked me " Did you see that bitch get kicked in the mouth? "
How did you know Ronda didnt kick Holly?

I always try to watch fights live, so I never have to endure spoilers. Fights are always most exciting when they're happening in real-time, so it's worth it to stay up all night.

I'm fortunate enough to have watched just about every one of the big fights in about the last five or six years live, so I've not had this problem.

I was playing an online video game and on chat someone said "Anderson Silva just got his leg broken in half!".

At the time I couldn't order PPV and no sports bar nearby showing it. So I was just waiting for the results on Sherdog.

Holm - Honda. Holm wasn't allowed enough hammer fists before being pulled off.

Fight ruined.

i ruined Rumble/Gus for my friend. i called him and he said "dont say it"

i gave it about 3 seconds of dead air and yelled, 'RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE"

michael buffer style

Last edited:
aldo-mcgregor fight was a big disappointment to me.not because i care for any of them but i was expecting to see a good fight god damn it.still feel robbed.

Got married on the night of Brock vs Cain. Was a huge Brock fan, but was worried about this one. Had my best man keep tabs on the fight. Found out Brock lost right before we cut the cake. I look pretty grumpy in some of those pictures.

Guess the fight wasn't ruined per se, but it was a bit of a downer

Got married on the night of Brock vs Cain. Was a huge Brock fan, but was worried about this one. Had my best man keep tabs on the fight. Found out Brock lost right before we cut the cake. I look pretty grumpy in some of those pictures.

Guess the fight wasn't ruined per se, but it was a bit of a downer

at least he gave us some of those great ballet moves that we will remember forever

Was out with my wife and her friends durning Fedor/Hendo. When I was FFing after the co-main I got distracted and when I looked up it was Hendo on the cage celebrating already.

Back