How would Will Brooks fair in the ufc lw division?

I think he's a top 5 talent. He beats guys he can presure and ragdoll like Pettis, Cerrone and Diaz but has trouble with guys like RDA, Ferguson and Khabib who are willing to keep the forward pressure on him. Eddie Alvarez is a 50/50 match up for him imo.

They need to sign him and Gaethje. I was hoping they'd sign Chandler as well, but he re signed with Bellator I'm pretty sure.

No doubt top 7, probable top 5, possible top 3, maybe just maybe future champ.
Not sure beyond top 7

He gets raped by the top 5 guys imo. He's pretty good overall, but not really great anywhere.

They need to sign him and Gaethje. I was hoping they'd sign Chandler as well, but he re signed with Bellator I'm pretty sure.
Gaethje and Brooks are the two best 155ers outside of the UFC. If they get signed, holy shit...

Yeah man people think LW is stacked now, imagine if they brought those 2 over
Not a massive fan of Brooks, but I appreciate his skill.

Gaethje vs. anyone is a barn-burner, so I definitely want to see him in the Octagon.

Either way, LW will be disgustingly stacked.

Brooks has been coasting in bellator because he hasn't been challenged by those guys. Can't wait to see what a hungry and motivated brooks looks like.

I'd take Chandler over Gaethje. I thought he won the last fight with Eddie and the first fight with Brooks.
I agree, But Gaethje's undefeated (against inferior competition, mind) and that makes him more interesting as an unsolved puzzle.

I agree, But Gaethje's undefeated (against inferior competition, mind) and that makes him more interesting as an unsolved puzzle.

I've never thought he was that elite since I saw him getting beat to the punch by a one-armed man. I think he'd be outside the top 10.

I've never thought he was that elite since I saw him getting beat to the punch by a one-armed man. I think he'd be outside the top 10.
He still finished the one-armed man, so it's all good.

Heavy-handed, high-level wrestler - I think he'd do alright.

Will keeps impressing me with his rapid improvement. I think he could surprise us in the UFC.

Brooks vs Johnson, Brooks vs Barboza, Brooks vs Iaquinta, Brooks vs Dariush, Brooks vs Conor.. If he could make 145 Brooks vs Lamas, Brooks vs Swanson, Brooks vs Fili, Brooks vs Rodriguez, Brooks vs Siver

Off topic but related.. Zuffa would do good to pickup Moraes and Dantas for 135, Justin at 155, Page at 170, Halsey at 185, and Liam at 205. But doubt Bellator ever lets Dantas, Page, Halsey or Liam go if wanting to rival the UFC. WSOF I could see losing Moraes and JG to Bellator or Zuffa. Dantas vs Moraes or TJ or Cruz, JG vs Josh Thompson or Alvarez or Khabib, Page vs Wonderboy or Condit or Nick, Halsey vs Romero or Weidman, Liam vs Gus or Jones are all sick fights if made possible.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back