What is your Ideal UFC 198 Card?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Of course we have;
Fabricio Werdum vs Stipe Miocic (HW championship)
Jacare Souza vs Vitor Belfort
Demian Maia vs Matt Brown
Leonardo Santos vs Evan Dunham
Thiago Santos vs Nate Marquardt (lol, Santos gonna kill Nate)

These matchups favor the Brazilians of course, I see Maia and Werdum both subbing their opponents, and Belfort possibly catching Souza, or Belfort also getting subbed.

But, who else would you like to see on the card? I personally want; Thomas Almeida, Warley Alves, Gilbert Burns, Thiago Tavares, Pedro Munhoz and maybe Rani Yahya. It is a good card, and can only get better imo. Also, it is a PPV, so it could give some names bigger exposure. However, Werdum and Miocic both are not huge draws.. especially Miocic with his personality - Werdum is much more funny/pleasing and he does a good job of trolling. Beating Velasquez also helps Werdum too.

So, if you were Joe Silva, what ideal fights would you make for this card?

Last edited:
Well obviously we all want to see some Brazilian prospects you mentioned(+Moicano)

The opponents are impossible to guess though

Of course we have;
Fabricio Werdum vs Stipe Miocic (HW championship)
Jacare Souza vs Vitor Belfort
These are 3 good fights. I don't think the UFC will put any other fights of significance

These are 3 good fights. I don't think the UFC will put any other fights of significance
Unfortunately, I think this is most likely to happen. They tend to do this, more regular than it would be hoped for.

I think that'll be the main except for Nate/Santos which I reckon will headline the prelims. Something like Adriano Martins vs. Rashid Magomedov will be added as the main card opener but if they keep all 5 as the PPV card I wouldn't be surprised. FS1 like having a recognised name to top their prelims though.

Warlley Alves is also a strong possibility come to think of it on the PPV card, maybe fighting someone like Yakovlev or LaFlare.

Thomas Almeida vs. Mayday Macdonald

Evan Dunham doesn't deserve to be on the PPV card.

Conor uniting his third UFC title at WW would be ideal.
Head clean off of Robbie 12 seconds.

Ufc 198
Werdum vs Stipe
Vitor vs Jacare
Maia vs Brown
Almeida vs Sterling
R. Magomedov vs Thiago Alves

Main Card (PPV)
Fabricio Werdum(c) vs Stipe Miocic
Vitor Belfort vs Jacare Souza
Thomas Almedia vs John Dodson
Nate Marquardt vs Thiago Santos

Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1)
Evan Dunham vs Leonardo Santos
Brian Ortega vs Godofredo Pepey
Francisco Trinaldo vs Paul Felder
Jessica Aguilar vs Juliana Lima

Preliminary Card (Fight Pass)
Rani Yahya vs Felipe Arantes
Darren Till vs Claudio Silva
Vicente Luque vs Dominick Steele
Ning Guangyou vs Bruno Korea

Come on bro, What more do you need? 3 BJJ Gods in the same card, It's an effing remarkable incident that happens once in a century.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back