Rustam Khabilov

name

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Anyone else excited for his return??

His return at the Silva/Bisping Fight Night will be just over a year since his last match. I believe due to injury and constant visa issues.

People went crazy over Khabilov when he rag dolled Pichel in his debut. Since then, he was thrown some pretty tough competition. He's looked really good considering his experience aside from his last fight against Adriano Martins, not sure what happened there but they both didn't do much throughout the fight.

I hope he gets past Parke in exciting fashion and gets more fights. Would love to see Rustam mixing it up with top 15 fighters. Yes, he looked pretty terrible and flat in his last match but at 30 years old, he's got plenty of time to make improvements and I think he'll be making an exciting run in the LW division.

I'm excited for it just to hear Greg Jackson's corner advice.

Yeah he's still an exciting fighter to keep an eye on. Lost to Henderson, no shame in that, Martins is highly underrated. I hate Parke, most boring fighting in the UFC. Would love to see Rustam toss him on his head. Also, where is Vinc Pichel for that matter, he was on a two fight win streak after this loss if I recall correct.

Well, he's going against Norman parke and it's almost impossible to have an exciting fight against Parke, so I'm not expecting much.

I had high expectations for him, his loss to Martins was just awful, it reminded me of Guida when he was training with Greg Jackson.
I hope he'll get back being an exciting fighter, but with Jackson you never know.

I care about him as much as I care about Khabib.

Not at all.

Yeah he's still an exciting fighter to keep an eye on. Lost to Henderson, no shame in that, Martins is highly underrated. I hate Parke, most boring fighting in the UFC. Would love to see Rustam toss him on his head. Also, where is Vinc Pichel for that matter, he was on a two fight win streak after this loss if I recall correct.

Pichel hasn't fought for like 2yrs or more. Some guys were cut for inactivity, so I'm guessing he must have picked up a really bad injury?

Parke's gonna beat Khabilov in true Norm fashion - wall and stall, pitter patter strikes, boring fight.

He should have the grappling and strength advantage vs Parke, so we can only hope

Adriano is legit. One loss doesn't derail a guy. Adriano was beating cerrone before that headkick. Martins will be in the ufc for a while. Not saying he will get the belt, but he has good striking and grappling.

Heck yeah. I cannot wait for him to drop Neil Magny on his head as he's done time after time.

Back