The Spider vs Wonderboy

cincyjits

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
If Anderson beats Bisping, and the if Wonderboy is the WW champ, do you think we could ever see this matchup? TBH I'd pay to see this matchup right now, champ or not.

Not sure Anderson could make 170. But it might be a fun matchup.

not anymore unless wonder wants to move up. Interesting fight. Anderson if he's still 75% of what he used to be wins this one but it is an interesting stylistic matchup for him

What the fuck

Anderson is a large middleweight so he isn't moving down. WW is a stacked division so Wonderboy isn't moving up if he wins a title.

In other words:
240615-wasteland_animated_title.gif

Wonderboy = welterweight
Silva = middleweight

I'm probably the only one, but I'm actually interested in Weidman-Silva III. I think Weidman mops the floor with him a third time and we can finally put to bed the whole "fluke" narrative.

I love both but I could easily see this one being a bit of a snoozer due to both being such great rangy counter strikers.

Silva can't make 170 so they would never fight for a title, and super fights are talked about but do they happen very often ?

Is Anderson really so irrelevant that we need to see him fighting only 170 pound fighters? Is this the only way he could continue a career of padding his record?

Wonderboy would murder him.

I'm expecting Silva to comeback and reclaim his belt. Wonderboy wouldn't last 1 round with an angry Anderson!

Silva fought comfortable at 205 even past prime he would give wonderbread problems

Anderson is a much better striker than Wonderboy, that isn't a negative thing. Wonderboy is the one of the best in the UFC, just not thee best. That said Silva would win ;).

I was thinking more at 185, no belt superfight. Remember that when Weidman was training for Anderson, he brought Wonderboy in his camp and he said compared to Wonderboy, Anderson was slow.

Why arent these kind of random fantasy threads wastelanded anymore?

Well, Silva did just fight a large WW in his last fight and Diaz survived and struck with Anderson the whole fight. Wonderboy is a more technical striker than Nick is but Nick likely has the better chin. Wonderbody is a big Welterweight. I'd pay to see it.

Back