Holdsworth?

Zeppeling

ritehand
Banned
Reaction score
Any news on him? I've been anticipating his return but it's been like 2 years..

He's sitting out all of 2016...he's most likely done. AFAIK he's one of the head BJJ coaches at Alpha Male now.

Dude had an amazing future at BW, one of the best grapplers at 135... damn concussions.

Dude thats horrible. He looked like an elite prospect.

Concussions knocked Hold It Down out of the sport, most likely. He may try to come back next year, but I doubt it. It sucks, but multiple concussions are no bueno.

This sport isn't for everyone

I remember reading a story a year or two ago where he said he wasn't feeling right before he fought Chico Camus, might have had a mild concussion, fought anyways, and has been paying the price since.

Last I heard he has complications due to concussions. Really a sad story. The guy has/had a really bright future. I just hope the guy gets healthy for his own quality of life's sake.

I've talked to Chris a couple of times in the past year since I've been having the same symptoms due to a car accident I had last summer. He said he's doing fine but still has some lingering issues such as light sensitivity. He's taking the safe road by not pushing himself too far to the point where he can't return and he'll only return to the sport when he feels 100%.

He's a smart guy and very helpful with his advices.

Also the problem is even when a person gets to feeling perfectly healthy again, you really don't want to put yourself in that position to possibly experience that horrible feeling again. That's why I have doubts that he'll ever come back. Pro wrestler Daniel Bryan retired a couple of days ago because of this.

He's done fighting, is helping train fighters at alpha male.

Chad mentioned him on MMAHour last monday and he said that he wasn't sure if Chris would comeback or not. Which probably means no.

Such a shame. Really skilled fighter.

^^^^ It is. Had a very promising future after that season on TUF. He's young enough that if he lets his head heal for what is 2 going on 3 years now he has a chance to comeback possibly.

Unfortunately, he's done. He seemed a legit top 5-10 in the near future.

Back