Who, Other than Jon Jones can derail Jon Jones?

blazerkor

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I mean the answer to that question isn't DC. Jones is going to beat him far worse this time than he did last. Jones' new strength and dedication to training as his addiction instead of weed and alcohol is scary. I think he will walk over DC this time. He will use his reach and power to nullify and beat Rumble and then after maybe a fight or two more he'll move up to heavyweight. Once he moves up to HW it's a rap. He is already showing everyone that he will be able to put on the weight necessary to compete at that level and he is so much more fluid and accurate than anyone in that division. The thing that people don't talk about is his abilities on the ground, those long arms make for some nasty chokes. I think, if he stays clean, Jones will retire undefeated by anyone but himself (this latest stripping of the title and his DQ against Hamill are both jokes). In the cage the guy is unstoppable and he's going to remain that way. Looking at April 23rd, we know DC can't out-strike Bones and he isn't out grapple Jones. He's worse in every aspect of the game, as is every other fight Jones will fight.

"Only one that can kill Barnes...........is Barnes."
-Kenny Florien

prime snipes

or minowa in super hulku form

I want to see if Rumble can scare him into screwing up outside of the Octagon again

Cocaine.jpg

I mean the answer to that question isn't DC. Jones is going to beat him far worse this time than he did last. Jones' new strength and dedication to training as his addiction instead of weed and alcohol is scary. I think he will walk over DC this time. He will use his reach and power to nullify and beat Rumble and then after maybe a fight or two more he'll move up to heavyweight. Once he moves up to HW it's a rap. He is already showing everyone that he will be able to put on the weight necessary to compete at that level and he is so much more fluid and accurate than anyone in that division. The thing that people don't talk about is his abilities on the ground, those long arms make for some nasty chokes.

At LHW, you can make an argument that maybe his most dangerous enemy is himself (although Gus and Cormier were very close already and I think Rumble is bad for him).

But when you start talking about moving to HW being a cakewalk, you've moved into full-on delusional fanboy mode.
I'm sure the HWs are all worried about Jones' ground game and chokes.

I maintain that Jones is overrated. Any fighter with good boxing that can keep it standing can beat him. Gustaffson almost did it. Rumble might be able to if he has developed a gas tank. Cormier's problem is the insane reach disadvantage he has.

I mean the answer to that question isn't DC. Jones is going to beat him far worse this time than he did last. Jones' new strength and dedication to training as his addiction instead of weed and alcohol is scary. I think he will walk over DC this time. He will use his reach and power to nullify and beat Rumble and then after maybe a fight or two more he'll move up to heavyweight. Once he moves up to HW it's a rap. He is already showing everyone that he will be able to put on the weight necessary to compete at that level and he is so much more fluid and accurate than anyone in that division. The thing that people don't talk about is his abilities on the ground, those long arms make for some nasty chokes. I think, if he stays clean, Jones will retire undefeated by anyone but himself (this latest stripping of the title and his DQ against Hamill are both jokes). In the cage the guy is unstoppable and he's going to remain that way. Looking at April 23rd, we know DC can't out-strike Bones and he isn't out grapple Jones. He's worse in every aspect of the game, as is every other fight Jones will fight.

More mass means less speed.

I maintain that Jones is overrated. Any fighter with good boxing that can keep it standing can beat him. Gustaffson almost did it. Rumble might be able to if he has developed a gas tank. Cormier's problem is the insane reach disadvantage he has.
michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Not sure why a statement of obvious truth gets that response. Jon Jones has no boxing. Hence the reason Gustaffson almost beat him and would have but for that spinning elbow.

Answer is simple, Heavyweight division.

Back