Cody Garbrandt & John Lineker training for fight at UFC Fight Night 83 (Lineker hands looking fast)

Lineker via KO, Garbrandt was unimpressive in his last fight.
He was facing a no name guy who he knew he would have an easy time against. Not always the easiest to get motivated for those types of fights or fight to the best of your ability.

Look at TJ vs Soto. TJ knew that would be an easy fight and didn't fight to the best of his ability because of it imo. He didn't use the movement he normally does and got hit way more than he should have. Then he comes and the next fight and demolishes Barao while barely getting touched.

Lineker won his last fight very convincingly but it's not like he didn't also get rocked by Cisco. Cody has also displayed better movement in the past than he did in his last fight. He was also chasing his opponent down a lot which can be frustrating and it can make it hard to look that good. I'd imagine there's a big emphasis on good footwork and movement for this fight-the biggest fight of his career. Lineker is of course going to come at him like he does against everyone.

It's a very tough fight to call but I lean Cody.

Last edited:
He was facing a no name guy who he knew he would have an easy time against. Not always the easiest to get motivated for those types of fights.
That's nothing but speculation, he gets hit a lot too which will be his downfall against Lineker, Lineker will suck him into a brawl.

Since Garbrandt is cross training at Jackson/Wink, is he training with the enemy? Yep.

Lineker by KO.

That's nothing but speculation, he gets hit a lot too which will be his downfall against Lineker, Lineker will suck him into a brawl.
It's not a fact-your right, but it makes sense.

He barely got touched in his UFC debut against Brimage...

Brimage has nothing for anybody in the UFC that's why he's been cut, relax it's just my opinion.
I'm very relaxed but thanks for the advice, I guess.

And Lineker lost in the UFC to someone who wasn't UFC caliber...Louis Gaudinot.

I'm very relaxed but thanks for the advice, I guess.

And Lineker lost in the UFC to someone who wasn't UFC caliber...Louis Gaudinot.
If I'm not mistaken that was at 125? He also just beat Franciso Rivera who is a skilled fighter, before that he beat uncle creepy.

Another alpha fail will go down because he thinks he can strike with the best

this is a fight i'm really excited for.and i think lineker will derail garbrandt hype train.lineker has bombs in his hands and one of the best chins in mma with a little poor tdd.

Lineker connects on anyone in the division and they go nite-nite.

Forget hands of stone, dude has wrecking balls on the ends of his wrists.

How could anyone favor linker? He is much smaller than Cody and Cody seems to hit hard.

Back