NBA Great Kobe Bryant: Rousey's KO was a beautiful thing

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/nba-st...y-ko-loss-to-holly-holm-was-a-beautiful-thing

In fact, Bryant, an 18-time NBA All-Star and five-time NBA champion for the Los Angeles Lakers, said he personally reached out to Rousey (12-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) after the stunning second-round knockout loss to Holm (10-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC), which marked the first defeat in her career.

Prior to the defeat, Rousey made bold claims that she would retire undefeated and dispatch of all comers. When that didn’t happen, many people piled on, from the likes of Lady Gaga to Donald Trump and more.

Bryant, however, did the opposite. He said he contacted Rousey after the lopsided contest and provided her with an uplifting message.

“I sent her several messages, so yes, we have touched base,” Bryant told USA TODAY Sports. “That’s what it’s about. It’s not about how you win. A true champion is about how you lose and come back from that.

“I told her, ‘It’s a beautiful thing.’ That’s what I told her. I said, ‘To be a true champion sometimes you have to get knocked down.’ It happens to the best of us. It happened with my Achilles (when I tore it), (Muhammad) Ali got put down several times – it happens to the best of us.”

Rousey has remained somewhat quiet since the defeat several months ago. She recently hosted an edition of Saturday Night Live and her immediate future includes several Hollywood filming obligations.

“Rowdy” will get back in the octagon again, though. UFC President Dana White said she intends to compete before the end of the year, likely against the winner of next month’s UFC 196 title bout between Holm and challenger Miesha Tate.

Bryant said he’s eager to see Rousey rebound from the career low point. All athletes go through trying moments, and Bryant has experienced plenty of them during his 19-year NBA career. He said the most important part of every valley is the return to a peak, and Bryant has every bit of confidence Rousey will get back on top.

“I think the true mark of a champion is how you get up from that,” Bryant said. “If she goes through her entire career undefeated, she becomes this mythical figure that nobody can relate to. She got beat. We all get beat at some point or another in our lives. Now it’s a matter of how she bounces back from that. I think that’s what makes her a true champion.”

Kobe Bryant-Most overrated athlete ever not named Derek Jeter or Joe Namath

It was a beautiful thing

ComplexRepulsiveDore.gif

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/nba-st...y-ko-loss-to-holly-holm-was-a-beautiful-thing

In fact, Bryant, an 18-time NBA All-Star and five-time NBA champion for the Los Angeles Lakers, said he personally reached out to Rousey (12-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) after the stunning second-round knockout loss to Holm (10-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC), which marked the first defeat in her career.

Prior to the defeat, Rousey made bold claims that she would retire undefeated and dispatch of all comers. When that didn’t happen, many people piled on, from the likes of Lady Gaga to Donald Trump and more.

Bryant, however, did the opposite. He said he contacted Rousey after the lopsided contest and provided her with an uplifting message.

“I sent her several messages, so yes, we have touched base,” Bryant told USA TODAY Sports. “That’s what it’s about. It’s not about how you win. A true champion is about how you lose and come back from that.

“I told her, ‘It’s a beautiful thing.’ That’s what I told her. I said, ‘To be a true champion sometimes you have to get knocked down.’ It happens to the best of us. It happened with my Achilles (when I tore it), (Muhammad) Ali got put down several times – it happens to the best of us.”

Rousey has remained somewhat quiet since the defeat several months ago. She recently hosted an edition of Saturday Night Live and her immediate future includes several Hollywood filming obligations.

“Rowdy” will get back in the octagon again, though. UFC President Dana White said she intends to compete before the end of the year, likely against the winner of next month’s UFC 196 title bout between Holm and challenger Miesha Tate.

Bryant said he’s eager to see Rousey rebound from the career low point. All athletes go through trying moments, and Bryant has experienced plenty of them during his 19-year NBA career. He said the most important part of every valley is the return to a peak, and Bryant has every bit of confidence Rousey will get back on top.

“I think the true mark of a champion is how you get up from that,” Bryant said. “If she goes through her entire career undefeated, she becomes this mythical figure that nobody can relate to. She got beat. We all get beat at some point or another in our lives. Now it’s a matter of how she bounces back from that. I think that’s what makes her a true champion.”
trying to get that booty when she's down. gangsta

It was a beautiful moment, I can watch her getting KTFO everyday.

The man has taste.

giphy.gif

Kobe Bryant-Most overrated athlete ever not named Derek Jeter or Joe Namath
That's just an insane statement. I'm no Kobe fan at all but he's definitely one of the greatest players to ever play the game!

Kobe is about to get an insane amount of hate from the Rousey haters. They're mad that she isn't showing any signs of being forgotten, maybe after Holly starches her again.

It was a beautiful thing

ComplexRepulsiveDore.gif
It is so very beautiful. Watching it just never gets old...ever. It should be obligatory in every thread ;) May the just bleed gods bless us with an even more brutal one the next go round!

His accomplishments on the court are notable, his alleged rape deplorable.

It is so very beautiful. Watching it just never gets old...ever. It should be obligatory in every thread ;) May the just bleed gods bless us with an even more brutal one the next go round!

Takedown Tate is next

its a beautiful thing watching the lakers franchise and his chucking ass suffer too.

eh, the problem is that ronda seems to have learned shit
trying to get that booty when she's down. gangsta
kobe can fuck anyone. if thats really flying through his mind he needs to wake up quickly

I literally hate that phrase: "it's a beautiful thing."

And it usually comes from these "fake humble" type of athletes. I'm not saying that the following athletes have said it, but it feels like something like a Ray Lewis would say, something that a Draymond Green would say, or a Richard Sherman.

Just these empty, nebulous phrases that they came up with to sound pseudo-intellectual, but literally means nothing, and is almost contradictory.

They should stick to what they're good at in life. Playing with balls. Articulating their thoughts may prove all too challenging.

Man.. people say some stupid shit on the internet.

Back