Daniel Cormier talks Jon Jones, UFC 197 and training with Rico Verhoeven

I think Jones is the GOAT but I have a gut feeling that Cormier is going to win part deux.

I think Jones is the GOAT but I have a gut feeling that Cormier is going to win part deux.

I feel like he was broken mentally by Jones, and it is likely to happen again.. Jones just gets tougher as the fight goes on..

Going to be an epic fight. Cormier has a legendary ego but he seems humble when he talks about Jones he knows what he's up against. Have Jones winning.

Last edited:
if cormier beats him, cormier>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jones, huge reach disadvantage and doesn't use dirty moves in his fights, DC ftw

if cormier beats him, cormier>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>jones, huge reach disadvantage and doesn't use dirty moves in his fights, DC ftw
So we should just disregard Jones manhandling him the first time? If DC wins there'll be a trilogy to determine who's actually the best, I can't see Cormier winning whatsoever I just have a gut feeling that it will happen.

Not to play armchair psychologist but there was a lot of 'I think I'm going to do it' instead of 'I know'. Suggests his belief is maybe shaken a little in regards to beating Jon.

For what it's worth I'd like Daniel to win this one and set up a trilogy with as much bad blood and controversy as possible, thanks.

I hope you're right, but I don't see that happening.

I've studied DC's two fights since the first Jones fight, and I didn't see anything new he brought to the table, except having an amazing chin, which may have been cracked by Rumble's haymaker or Gus's knee.

Also, age and his bad knee, which he's been delaying surgery on for years, may be taking it's toll.

And, perhaps one of the biggest factors, is that DC didn't have Cain to train with for the first fight, and he won't have him for this one either.

Nothing in MMA could give me more satisfaction than to watch Jones be defeated. But unless he makes a mistake in training or in the cage, I don't see it happening.

God, I hope I'm wrong.

I really don't see that happening. I feel like Jones is way above DC in terms of skill plus he has the best body type for MMA.

Going to be an epic fight. Cormier has a legendary ego but he seems humble when he talks about Jones he knows what he's up against. He's so humble regarding Jones people forget he won 2 rounds in the first fight, and I expect the rematch to be even closer. Can't wait for this fight.

Has it 4-1 Jones with only the 2nd going DC's way.. All 3 judges cards were 4-1 Jones..

Imo, if you give Jon Jones a second chance, he's going to be that much better. I think DC will bring out the best in Jones.

I feel like he was broken mentally by Jones, and it is likely to happen again.. Jones just gets tougher as the fight goes on..
way harder to overcome as well. You can convince yourself you got caught or just didn't show up but when someone completely stuffs and beats you at what your best at...it's a very large obstacle to overcome.

My feeling is that DC underperformed in their last fight (nervous with adrenaline dump?)
I am totally biased in that I would love to see DC humble Jones. Jones is an incredible martial artist and fighter but I don't like him. DC has shown he can hang with heavy weights. I was surprised Jones was able to out wrestle Cormier and hope the result will be different this time around.

My feeling is that DC underperformed in their last fight (nervous with adrenaline dump?)
I am totally biased in that I would love to see DC humble Jones. Jones is an incredible martial artist and fighter but I don't like him. DC has shown he can hang with heavy weights. I was surprised Jones was able to out wrestle Cormier and hope the result will be different this time around.
DC didn't underperform, Jones is simply THAT good.
Did Rousey underperform against Holm? I don't think so.

Would love to see DC take this. Head says he isn't going to.

I believed in DC once. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but...

War DC as always

Going to be an epic fight. Cormier has a legendary ego but he seems humble when he talks about Jones he knows what he's up against. He's so humble regarding Jones people forget he won 2 rounds in the first fight, and I expect the rematch to be even closer ... still have Jones winning.
He won 1 round but I'm a Cormier fan so who's counting... ;)

Back