I completely forgot Cormier and Gus fought

TusculumPioneer

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I 100% forgot fhey even fought. I guess ever since Cormier beat Rumble I've just been thinking about Cormier vs Jones 2. For whatever reason I wasn't able to watch the fight on pay per view live. I know it was a close fight but how did it go?

Cormier won because of superior clinch. Gus fought in a very dumb way. Looked like he can beat him in a rematch.

It was one of the best fights of 2015. Definitely go back and watch it!

It was a war but DC was definitely the clear winner.

That Cormier hook everytime they clinched was nasty. I don't know how you forgot about it man

DC kept charging forward and showed tremendous cardio. Gus kept running away, often times with his back turned on DC, and showed tremendous heart.

Good fight.

People forget they fought, because they have Gus confused with Kalib Starnes!

No wonder Gus is having trouble being motivated...

DC weathered the storm, and showed what he was made of in that fight. Dude is literally the best fighter outside of JBJ.

Not enough of this

Qy8KDl5.gif

Gus actually dropped DC and I thought he was in trouble for a second, he was more hurt than when Rumble sent him flying across the cage. (When he sent DC flying across the cage not Gus)

I 100% forgot fhey even fought. I guess ever since Cormier beat Rumble I've just been thinking about Cormier vs Jones 2. For whatever reason I wasn't able to watch the fight on pay per view live. I know it was a close fight but how did it go?
LOL, did you fall into a coma immediately after the fight or something?

Gus literally turned his back and ran away numerous times when he was in trouble. I was rooting for Gus but that was pathetic. He did that a few times in the Jones fight too. If I were his coaches I would be flipping out. I'm sure it cost him rounds and really needs to be fixed in training.

Gus is capable of winning that belt. As a fan Im disturbed by reports of him losing desire. Must be tough to be on the bad end of close decisions twice as well as having your brain bruised as badly as it was against Rumble. Would suck for his unique character to retire.

I was just thinking earlier I want to see that fight. I haven't seen it yet.

Like others said, it's a good fight that should be re-watched. I remember Gus' running was pissing me off something serious when I watched that fight live.

Just watched a great highlight earlier of it, I'll see if I can find it

DC just edged out a 48-47 with clinch work, but Gus had some big moments with the knee knockdown and taking DC down.

Back