To Kevin "The Monster" Randleman...

spike85

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I have to say this just so that it will be out there, just for my own broken spirit.

Kevin Randleman was one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. The Monster was one of those guys who knew he was a beast, but walked around like he had nothing to prove; dude never got angry, never acted like an asshole, never flexed his muscles (figuratively speaking).

The spirit of Martial Arts is about defending the weak, standing for righteousness; being as brave as a superhero but in a mortal body -- Kevin was this. If you were in deep shit, outnumbered, enemies to the gills, you knew Kevin had your back, fuck the odds.

Gracious in victory, and the most gracious in defeat, young men especially in athletics can learn a lot by how this man carried himself.

Whoever said the good die young... they clearly knew Kevin.

Rest In Peace Kevin "The Monster" Randleman (August 10, 1971 - February 11, 2016)

Fedor invites Randleman out for Vodka (Credit: RetiredSlave)

http://www.kevinrandleman.com/

Last edited:
Beautiful message, mate. You're clearly a big fan and I'm very sorry he passed away. May he rest in peace.

"I like everyone in this business except Tito Ortiz."

LOL

Be at peace, warrior. May Valhalla open it's doors for you.

RIP. Great interview. Next time you think of booing at a live event, think of Randleman.

Thanks for the memories Randleman. RIP.

hPeXRi3.gif

I like his back and forth interview with Bas after he beat Maurice. He totally shut down Big Mo that night!

I just found out about his passing, so shocked and sad man. R.I.P. Kevin Randleman. Saw a replay of his slam on Fedor a few days ago, so he was fresh on my mind and now this... So shocked man.

Rest Legend. :)

Its so telling of the character of both men that they were toasting to good health over many vodkas, after his short but epic battle with Fedor. Legends respect legends.

I wish it did not take tragedies for people to come forward with great stories like this.

Nice, heartfelt message, TS. I'm glad to see all the support for Kevin the last few days after his untimely passing. Great representative of MMA who entertained the hell out of us.

I wish it did not take tragedies for people to come forward with great stories like this.
I agree. I met Kevin and Mark Coleman in Iowa in 2000 right after Coleman won the Grand Prix in Pride. They were both really cool to the fans. Mark was so humble about his Pride title. He was happy that people in America knew about it.

I still want this all to just be a bad dream. It's so surreal.

Such a legend of a man. You know when he jumped so high he was just practicing for jumping to heaven to suplex god.

Its so telling of the character of both men that they were toasting to good health over many vodkas, after his short but epic battle with Fedor. Legends respect legends.

Thanks for reminding me. I added that vid.

Back