How weird is it that Tim Boetsch was going to fight for the title?

BLACKWOLF

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you guys remember, but back when Timmy B pulled the win against Okami from nowhere and recieved the gift decision against Lombard he was riding a 4 fight win streak at MW and was undefeated at that weight.

With only 2 guys riding win streaks in a division laid waste to by Anderson, only 2 contenders remained Tim Boetsch and Chris Wiedman. The stage had been set for a number 1 contenders fight, and then Wiedman pulls out, injured.

In comes replacement Costas Phillapou and well, that was that.

Had Tim won though, he would have easily warranted a title shot and given the time frame probably would have gotten one.

War Boetsch. Did the most with is limited talents.

And he was the favourite against Dan Henderson. What the hell!

2affscm.jpg

War Timbo Slice!

I'm not sure if you guys remember, but back when Timmy B pulled the win against Okami from nowhere and recieved the gift decision against Lombard he was riding a 4 fight win streak at MW and was undefeated at that weight.

With only 2 guys riding win streaks in a division laid waste to by Anderson, only 2 contenders remained Tim Boetsch and Chris Wiedman. The stage had been set for a number 1 contenders fight, and then Wiedman pulls out, injured.

Had Tim won though, he would have easily warranted a title shot and given the time frame probably would have gotten one.

I don't remember Boetsch' name ever being thrown around in title contention discussions.

Holy Fuck I forgot he was scheduled against Weidman at one point. That would've been a doozy

Well, he had no chance at beating Weidman ever so he never would've got that title shot but yeah, he was in position to fight for the title shot.
That Costas fight was unfortunate. Tim won the first round easily but the fight went downhill after he suffered a headbutt, an eye poke and a hand injury.

And he was the favourite against Dan Henderson. What the hell!
That was more to do with Henderson being shot to bits than anything.

TS is an idiot. Nobody was ever talking about Boetsch getting a title shot. Especially after the lame Lombard fight.

I definitely called Tim's fall out.

He was a luck guy.

Yushin was clearly winning that fight. He had a couple big come from behind wins. He has good punching power but that's about it.

Imagine how fast the Chris would have beaten him.

don't you mean how sad?

Tough dude. But sort of toughman, rock-em-sock-em sloppy style. Has harder times against fighters with actual technique and skills. But he would be fun to have on your side in a bar fight.:D

Lotta heart in Boetsch. Was hoping he would do better, but oh well.

If I remember correctly, Boetsch was never mentioned. In fact, Anderson didn't even want to fight Weidman because he wanted to chase "superfights".

The guy was never a contender. Okami was owning him until the comeback, and the decision over Hector was a robbery.

No disrespect, he's a big tough guy, but he's not title contender level.

He had a good streak going for a while but I don't think he was ever in the title contention discussion. That's crazy to think he was scheduled to fight Weidman though that would have been a beatdown.

Yep, Munoz was also ranked number three after Anderson and Chael until he fought Weidman.

Back