What happened to John Hathaway?

Curly Peibce

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seemed like a guy with alot of potential(17-2), former rugby player if I remember and big for the weight class at the time, he seems to have fallen off the Earth?

john-hathaway-7.jpg

Pretty sure he was set up to crush Pyle and it turned out bring the opposite, had a couple lackluster showings after the Pyle fight, and just never lived up to the hype after the Diego fight. That knee he landed on Diego would've KO'd most fighters too.

I was literally thinking the same thing today. Guy had a very impressive record until the Dong buried him.

What happened to Dave Terrell and Goran Reljic?

Pretty sure he was set up to crush Pyle and it turned out bring the opposite, had a couple lackluster showings after the Pyle fight, and just never lived up to the hype after the Diego fight. That knee he landed on Diego would've KO'd most fighters too.

john-hathaway_diego-sanchez.gif

And just because...

john-hathaway-vs-pascal-krauss.gif

the guy was injury-prone, he had a lot of health issues, iirc it was gastritis.

He's never fought that often any ways.

What ever happened to that little spark plug Luigi Fioravanti?

Damn, he hasn't fought since The Dong Donged him. I remember I watched his fight vs Diego Sanchez in a bar. Everybody went apeshit when he landed that massive knee on Diego. We all thought Sanchez should have been dead after that.

From what I've heard about Crohn's disease, reaching anything resembling top level while suffering from it isn't very likely.

Poor dude.

He was the original opponent for Gunnar Nelson on UFC 189 before he got injured and Thatch replaced him. No idea where he's been since then. He was the brightest British prospect. Now we have Tom Breese and Darren Till instead.

The guy got injured for 2 years and his comeback fight was Stun Gun. He then was supposed to fight Gunnar but he got injured again and hasn't really been heard from since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back