Boxer Andre Berto offers to help Rousey

Actualized174

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/1...ronda-rousey-with-training-id-love-to-stop-by

Professional boxer Andre Berto, who's coming off a loss to Floyd Mayweather last year, recently said in an interview with TMZ Sports that he is willing to help former UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey with training.

Rousey, who lost her title to Holly Holm by vicious knockout this past November, recently got back into the gym with her trainer Edmond Tarverdyan, but Berto doesn't believe that's going to cut it.

"Ronda isn't a pure boxer, Holly is," he said. "She needs to focus more on her boxing and cutting off the ring. I'd love to stop by her gym and give some pointers."

Berto pointed out one solid reason he could help Rousey: his father is a retired mixed martial artist and his brother currently competes in the sport.

"I grew up around it just like she did," he said. "Call me!"

Berto has been added to the list of figures offering their help and services to the former titleholder, which also includes former UFC champ Chuck Liddell and the Team Alpha Male camp.

Mayweather, de la Hoya, Kings MMA (a realistic option) and now Berto offered Ronda help, but the girl is staying with Edmond.

tarverdyan>andre (in a kung fu kata dance)

Even Creed couldn't help Honda against Holly.....

Reminds me of Renan Barao, the guy is a beast but it's almost like he refuses to work on his flaws that TJ exposed.

But but but Ronda > Floyd and Floyd beat Berto... so shouldn't Ronda be teaching him??

UxwPUeS.gif

Just because Berto is a fringe contender in boxing that doesn't mean he'll make a good coach.

If all she needed to learn was cutting the cage she could just go to JoJed for help.

Sounds like another Travis Browne situation...,

Ronda needs a MMA coach. No amount of boxing training is going to help her. She needs to learn set ups and get the fight to the floor. Holly will always remain the better striker then Ronda no matter what.

"She needs to focus more on her boxing and cutting off the ring."

That right there was all I needed to hear from berto. They are not fighting in a ring. Good luck cutting off the octagon. lol boxers dont know shit about mma.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't think this would work. The reason why Holly beat Ronda was because Holly utilized her STRENGTH in boxing rather than weakness in wrestling.

Ronda was goaded into a boxing match and that's exactly why she lost. She needs to figure out a way to utilize her Judo, ground game and a solid strategy to make Holly fight the Ronda Game. No matter how hard she trains with the likes of Mayweather or Berto she will never be as good as a 10+ years veteran in Holm, and if she does the nonsense of what any of these pure boxers suggest then we're gonna witness Holm vs Rousy 1 all over again.

Ronda needs to be smart, keep her ego down and fight to her strength. If anything, she can definitely take a page out of Werdum's book.

Edit: The BIGGEST difference to me was having Greg Jackson. An intelligent and well-executed game plan was what ultimately beat Ronda, not kickboxing. Most importantly was knowing that Honda has a tendency to go out of her comfort zone in order to prove herself...so they knew they could set a trap and it'd work.

Last edited:
Ronda needs to get back to her grappling and judo and have just enough boxing to cut off the octagon and close the distance. Also, Ronda brings in a lot of people to train with so bringing in Berto wouldn't be out of the ordinary. People that think Edmund is teaching her everything are stupid. She just had a poor game plan of chasing Holm around and that's exactly what not to do against a counter puncher with over a decade of pro boxing experience.

Ronda's worst possible decision is staying with Edmond, he can't teach fighters how to box, at all.

I think Rousey's mental edge has been blunted too much from the loss.
A fighter can't take such a beating from another fighter without some sort of mental scarring.
Add the fact that Rhonda expected to just turn up and win - Rhonda's mindset is tripping out.....

Back