Ilir Latifi vs. Gian Villante
Brandon Thatch vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
Erick Silva vs. Nordine Taleb
Vitor Miranda vs. Marcelo Guimares

Fight Pass Prelims:

Jim Miller vs. Diego Sanchez
Jason Saggo vs. Justin Salas
Julian Erosa vs. Teruto Ishihara

First and foremost as always, this bout order is not official. It's purely for the sake of the thread. With that being said, now that UFC 196: dos Anjos vs. McGregor is finalized, what do you guys think of the PPV card centered around Conor's LW debut? It's very top heavy imo. The main and co-main are great obviously since it features two title fights but outside of that I'm left feeling a bit underwhelmed by it. It would have been nice if the UFC worked to add one more higher profile fight to it but with two title fights and one of them being the UFC's biggest current draw it's easy to see why they felt they could leave a bit to be desired as far as the rest of the card goes. The prelims on the other hand, is packed with quite a few exciting matchups that will surely draw in a few more PPV buys. If I had to rate this card (on the PPV scale of course) I'll give it a 8/10 due to the title fights but if it didn't have the main and co-main it has, I don't think it would do very good at all.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Main and Co main make up for the rest of the card . Would pay just for those fights alone

9/10

If it loses McGregor/RDA it falls to a 6/10

Any card headlined by the GOAT is a 10/10 to me.

However, in the bigger picture, compared to phenomenal cards like UFC 100 or UFC 189, I'd give it a 8.5/10.

8/10. Would rate it higher but find myself not caring about the co main event.

8/10 overall - this card is still very eclipsed by UFC 194 imo.

9.5/10

Been excited for this card since it was announced. Of course the two main fights are gonna make or break it. But I dont think the rest of the fights are bad. The rest of the main card fights are decent. Prelims have a couple good fights. And then you got Diego and Miller on fight pass. Good PPV IMO.

10/10 for the main event alone.

To be honest though the rest of the card, aside from the Holm fight, is garbage.

8.5/10, great main and co main. A bunch of solid fights but it needed one more big time fight to be a 9

Two title fights including a super fight = a great card, but not quite UFC 100 level. I just hope Lawlor dresses up like Donald Trump for the weigh ins.

10/10 for the main event alone.

To be honest though the rest of the card, aside from the Holm fight, is garbage.
Yeah, the undercard to the 2 title fights is what caused the 8/10 for me. I originally posted a 7 but I thought that was harsh.

Yeah, the undercard to the 2 title fights is what caused the 8/10 for me. I originally posted a 7 but I thought that was harsh.
I think it's because we got used to getting spoiled last year with stacked McGregor cards.

8/10, not that good of a card imo. The main events are great. You'd think they'd want to stack the undercard with great exciting fights to have all the new Holly and McGregor fans to stay as long term UFC fans. Corey Anderson bores me to tears, Nunes-Valentinat not enough. Skelly fight isn't bad. Those 3 are not worthy of super fight undercard.

Miller v. Sanchez would be better on the Main.

If it loses the McG/RDA fight it's a solid 5/10

Back