OK, how would you have gotten out of Ben's choke - tough guy ?

Coffee79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just re-watched Rothwell v Mitrone and while I admit that rushed TD was a bad move by Mintrone, once he was caught in that neck crank/choke, he tapped immediately because he didn't want to die.

BlackNegativeHadrosaurus.gif

I saw a thread bashing Mintrone with "quick tap, what a wimp" comments. My question is - what the fuck would you have Mintrone do once in that situation ? It's not like Rothwell is a flyweight. He's a massive, crazy strong, ox of a HW. Talk is cheap, real cheap. I don't understand the hate Mintrone got after that fight. How is it a "quick tap" when it's a matter of serious damage to the neck if not worse ?

Tickle torture - Hothwell is susceptible, belee dat.

Also, I would sing him lullabies and Weird Al songs.

I would have just kept turning my head around and screaming "get off me fucker!" "GET OFF ME!!"

Tap. Get paid. Go home. Fap.

I would have just kept turning my head around and screaming "get off me fucker!" "GET OFF ME!!"

I guess that would have sounded like "urrghurreruurrrghuuurghh". That shit doesn't work with Big Ben.

Tickle torture - Hothwell is susceptible, belee dat.

Also, I would sing him lullabies and Weird Al songs.

That song 'Bob' would be perfect. All palindromes- I'd think that'd be very distracting.

Lisa Bonet ate no basil

Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog

He was'nt escape that anyway, reasonable tap

Of course mitrione tapped quickly, so did Barnett (who's one of the toughest guys ever.) You'd think something like this would be common sense.

Rothwell is a massive man with freak strength; putting technique aside, you simply CAN'T allow a man that large get a hold of your neck. Him full force torquing a choke is a scary thought; literally a couple of seconds to injure someone.

I knew it was over once barnett gave his neck to that behemoth. Very scary to watch.

No dishonor in tapping. Live to fight another day instead of getting seriously injured to prove some point. There are some subs that don't have a route of egress.

Within another couple seconds Meat Head would have been asleep.

the people you are referring to would never fight or put themselves in any situation where they could be vulnerable - they just sit back and judge others, easy and unfulfilled life choices

I feel like he goes for that neck break

I must have missed that thread. Dumb move by Mitrione to put himself in that position but he is completely justified in tapping there.

Anyone who trains knows that if a choke is really tight you tap to that immediately, that's just an instinct. That gogo choke must be even nastier than most of the other chokes, so you just cannot not tap to that after you feel it for a second.

Rothwell looks like he is trying to rip a head off with his chokes. I bet it hurts as fuck and is also pretty dangerous. His bear strength and his chokes are scary. Neck damage is no joke.

Rothwell is the Cody Mckenzie of heavy weights

Dim Mak. It's very effective.

Last edited:
A bear of a man like Rothwell squeezing your neck...if you dont tap to that you're going out.

The titty twister of doom. His nips would never be the same.

Nobody would or has ever been able to get out of one of my mentors chokes either.

giphy.gif

Back